Light-O-Rama Forums

New LOR Member

paulieshome

Hello Everyone. I have finally after many years of contemplating taken the plunge into the world of LOR. I have had many of the Gemmy products and the various ones sold at Home Depot and Lowes but was never really satisfied. This year my last Gemmy has gave out so here I am. I ordered the 16 channel to begin with and will see how things go. Not knowing the sequencing software at all I went ahead and have purchased sequences for the system. By chance does anyone have a 16 channel sequence for "Let It Go" from frozen and "have a Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives for my Grandchildren. I really would appreciate it. My e-mail address is paulieshome1@aol.com. Thanks and wish me luck.

Both of these are available through the sequence store.  These are most probably a lot more then 16 channels, but you can pick and choose which channels you wish to use by running the sequence and seeing where it would fit into your landscaping scheme.

http://sequences.lightorama.com/Let-It-Go-Idina-Menzel_p_1130.html

http://sequences.lightorama.com/A-Holly-Jolly-Christmas-by-Burl-Ives_p_1036.html

You might also think about reviewing this link about the 4x4 decorating to give you some ideas on how to use what you have.

http://www1.lightorama.com/4-x-4-decorating/

Welcome grandpa.

Even with purchases/shared sequences, you'll need to know enought in SE, to edit the channel confirguration so a shared sequences better matches you display elements.

Get sequences with more than 16 channesls and you'll have more otions in selecting what channels work best in your 16 channel disaply. 

Kind of late in the year to start form scratch.  Right now, concentrate in getting the lights/controller/computer connect so you can at least test the lights via the Hardware Utility in LOR.  Get that working, can then turn your attention in getting a couple sequences going.  

I  have a stockpile of shared sequencees and will try and send you some for HJxmas.

Mpageler,

Would you share a sequence or two with me please? garyhonn@yahoo.com. I am also a newbie, I have a sequence Christmas vacation with a singing face and I'm not really sure what I got myself into but are there any tricks to SE?

On 11/25/2016 at 0:37 PM, GoBlue02 said:

Mpageler,

Would you share a sequence or two with me please? garyhonn@yahoo.com. I am also a newbie, I have a sequence Christmas vacation with a singing face and I'm not really sure what I got myself into but are there any tricks to SE?

Watch all the videos on the site re: Sequence Editor.  There you will find a lot of good information about how to get around in SE.  I didn't think there would be much in there for me, but I picked up a lot of little tricks that came back to roost when I actually started sitting down to do some programming.

It's just my opinion, but I started my journey about 3 1/2 months ago and I just made my deadline earlier this month.  You're really starting into this a little late.