Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Travis

PC-CTB16PC ?

Well I re-wired my PC board last night.

I just was not happy of the first wiring job, so my OCD took over and this is the ending results.

First pic is before and the second pic is after.

Attached files 151542=8812-0001.JPG

Dang Travis. Now I can hardly look in my boxes!

Guest wbottomley

Very nice Travis!

Nice job. Now Dan needs to use your picture for the sales literature ... haha!!

Much improved after the OCD. I believe it will also get better mileage now and the electricity shall flow better and with less resistance.

Please affix the "Type-R" or "High Performance" sticker to the outside of the case now. :cool:

Dans is clearly a classic double arch wire configuration ... and yours is now a very sleek "cobra" wiring configuration ... nice!

Just having fun ... and hoping I can do 1/2 as good as you did !

Thanks guys.

It took me a while to get it to look that nice and clean but it was well worth it.

Dan is more than welcome to use my pic for the LOR literature :P

here is my first controller I built. I have 4 more in the closet to build. Trying to get spring yardwork done before triple digits hit here in the desert.

The secret I found to the wiring is don't tighten the clamps till you have everything the way you want it. I learned this a LONG time ago building motorized amp racks..I would work from the amp backwards to make sure the cabling was tidy...

Attached files 151593=8817-controller wiring.jpg

taybrynn wrote:

Please affix the "Type-R" or "High Performance" sticker to the outside of the case now. :cool:

Wow Travis, that looks awsome!

Nice job.

Maybe we can talk Dan into a transparent door option for the people who choose to do the "Type-R" configuration and want to show it off.:D

JimCanfield wrote:

WOW what a difference! How long did it take you to wire it again after you un wired it?

Jim

It actually took me longer to re-wire it to get the last ending results.

I have nothing but time on my hands due to a on the job accident I am recovering from, so I took my time to re-wire it so it would come out clean and organised.

I started around 4:30 PM and finished about 10:30 PM LOL !

mnkyboy wrote:

here is my first controller I built. I have 4 more in the closet to build. Trying to get spring yardwork done before triple digits hit here in the desert.

The secret I found to the wiring is don't tighten the clamps till you have everything the way you want it. I learned this a LONG time ago building motorized amp racks..I would work from the amp backwards to make sure the cabling was tidy...

Looks good.

As far as wiring amp racks, I know all to well about.

I am a retired pro car audio installer, and have built many of competition stereo systems that traveled the IASCA circuit around the U.S.

I have worked with some of the best of the best installers in the industry such as Dave Rivera "aka Fishman", Dale Hillious "aka Fabio", and many others.

I retired from that occupasion back in 1998.

During that time is where I got and learned the OCD wiring habbit to have wiring perfect and clean.

I had to have the wiring job visable for car audio IASCA judges to see, if the wiring was messy you would get docked points.

Maybe we can talk Dan into a transparent door option for the people who choose to do the "Type-R" configuration and want to show it off.:D

Actually a clear window is pretty easy. I was thinking of doing it, or using special optics pieces I found for the status LED so you can see it on with the cover closed.

If you use the kits from some of the computer mod sites, it will seal from moisture pretty well. Just Make sure to use the molding with the center rib. You should end up with something like this ( I still need to add some more UV Cabling cover to some fo the wires I am not done with my PC yet)

William

Attached files 151656=8822-computer.bmp

sparky741 wrote:

Having the clear cover is a cool idea, but then again, do you really want to "advertise" your stuff if it's outside? You could instead drill a hole and use a lite pipe like this:

http://www.vcclite.com/spec_pages/pdf/cat_page10.pdf

You would just have to seal the colored lens with some RTV for weather resistance.

Those are exactly what I have been looking at as the "special optic piece", I couldn't remeber the exact name of them ... I have that link on this computer as a favorite ( shhhhhh I was at work on my break earlier). One of my controllers may be on my roof under an eave, so I want to be able to see the status from the ground...

OK back to our regular program already in progress! show off those controllers!

Travis,

I went through this week and assembled all of my PC boards I received from the sale; I also am OCD – here are a few pictures. I also show how I labeled my channels.

100_1822%20[640x480].JPG

100_1824%20[640x480].JPG

100_1826%20[640x480].JPG

100_1828%20[640x480].JPG

Harrison

Guest wbottomley

Harrison... if you have trouble with those wire markers coming off, use a Sharpie fine tip white paint marker.

I have and it works flawless.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Harrison... if you have trouble with those wire markers coming off, use a Sharpie fine tip white paint marker.

I have and it works flawless.

My Hand writing SUCKS ... I will stick with labels - Just reapply them. Also my controlers are inside so no weather issues.

Harrison

hbomb341 wrote:

My Hand writing SUCKS ...

Quit being modest! Of course, words can not describe how bad your handwriting really is ... so your description will have to do.