Light-O-Rama Forums

PC-CTB16PC ?

Travis

taybrynn wrote:

But I can appreciate the desire to be neat and organized. I'm going to use a couple zip ties on mine (as shown above), just to help control the loose wires a bit.

Fellow programmer; I've had many times when deadlines forced throwing a couple of zip ties around what should have been elegant code. I used to be young and idealistic, too. I think I've gotten over it. :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• JimCanfield

• mnkyboy

• Don

Guest wbottomley

Travis... anyway I can help you... send me an email.

And... your work looks fine too. I haven't worked on my pc controllers so far... but that's coming tonight.

Travis wrote:

Don

From what I see in the above pic, it appears that each wire was cut at different lengths to achieve that clean look.

[snip]

In the referenced picture, all the wires are the same length (as supplied in the kit). The wires do stick up a bit but the cover can close.

If you were to take a side shot it would not look as neat but we took the picture from the best vantage point.

Dan

Travis yours is just fine. Not everyone is excessive compulsive like William.:D

Bottom line is this. Does it work? If it does then you are all set.

Someday I will take a pic of the outside of my boxes. They are ugly and I made them that way. The uglier they are the less likely they will be stolen.

So enjoy your boxes and don't sweat the small stuff.

Oh and William love those domain names. Can't wait till they are up and running.

Guest wbottomley

Robin & Jeff... thank you. I did a lot of searching and found those domains will work well.

By the way Robin... they are ugly as sin when the lid is closed. :D

Travis.... Robin is right. If they work, they're fine. I'd rather make my lights look pretty than the wiring. :cool:

Well I re-wired my PC board last night.

I just was not happy of the first wiring job, so my OCD took over and this is the ending results.

First pic is before and the second pic is after.

Attached files 151542=8812-0001.JPG

Nice job. Now Dan needs to use your picture for the sales literature ... haha!!

Much improved after the OCD. I believe it will also get better mileage now and the electricity shall flow better and with less resistance.

Please affix the "Type-R" or "High Performance" sticker to the outside of the case now. :cool:

Dans is clearly a classic double arch wire configuration ... and yours is now a very sleek "cobra" wiring configuration ... nice!

Just having fun ... and hoping I can do 1/2 as good as you did !

here is my first controller I built. I have 4 more in the closet to build. Trying to get spring yardwork done before triple digits hit here in the desert.

The secret I found to the wiring is don't tighten the clamps till you have everything the way you want it. I learned this a LONG time ago building motorized amp racks..I would work from the amp backwards to make sure the cabling was tidy...

Attached files 151593=8817-controller wiring.jpg

taybrynn wrote:

Please affix the "Type-R" or "High Performance" sticker to the outside of the case now. :cool:

Wow Travis, that looks awsome!

Nice job.

Maybe we can talk Dan into a transparent door option for the people who choose to do the "Type-R" configuration and want to show it off.:D

JimCanfield wrote:

WOW what a difference! How long did it take you to wire it again after you un wired it?

Jim

It actually took me longer to re-wire it to get the last ending results.

I have nothing but time on my hands due to a on the job accident I am recovering from, so I took my time to re-wire it so it would come out clean and organised.

I started around 4:30 PM and finished about 10:30 PM LOL !

mnkyboy wrote:

here is my first controller I built. I have 4 more in the closet to build. Trying to get spring yardwork done before triple digits hit here in the desert.

The secret I found to the wiring is don't tighten the clamps till you have everything the way you want it. I learned this a LONG time ago building motorized amp racks..I would work from the amp backwards to make sure the cabling was tidy...

Looks good.

As far as wiring amp racks, I know all to well about.

I am a retired pro car audio installer, and have built many of competition stereo systems that traveled the IASCA circuit around the U.S.

I have worked with some of the best of the best installers in the industry such as Dave Rivera "aka Fishman", Dale Hillious "aka Fabio", and many others.

I retired from that occupasion back in 1998.

During that time is where I got and learned the OCD wiring habbit to have wiring perfect and clean.

I had to have the wiring job visable for car audio IASCA judges to see, if the wiring was messy you would get docked points.