Light-O-Rama Forums

Chase Sequences

dodgertrue

I'm using 5 songs in my program and a large part of it is 6 spiral trees that I have chase each other. Right now I only have a 16 channel controller so I'm limited to what I can do. I was hoping some of you would be willing to share some chase sequences with me as the ones I'm using get boring by the time the 5th song is played.

A chase sequence I am working in is one that resembles the red lights on KITT (the car from Knight Rider). How it works is I have 6 mini trees and have each on for 1 tenth of a second. So they have a regular chase, but I also add a fade so it looks like a vapor trail. See if I canexplain it here.

I set tree 1 to turn on at .10 then tree 2 at .20 and tree 3 on at .30 until tree 6 is on at .60. Then fade tree 6 for as long as you like (in this example I just used .10 second). Then fade each tree to that point. So tree 1 will fade from .20 to .70, tree 2 fades from .30 to .70, tree 3 is from. .40 to .70 and so forth.

untitled.jpg

Cool, glad I could help you out. You will just have to play with the fade on the last tree (tree six in my example) to get your fade so it fits your sequence. On these 6 trees I have 2 colors (red and green) and each color on each tree has its own channel to make 12 channels total for those 6 trees. Therefore you can have just 1 color on at a time, or alternate red green red green, or whatever you wish. The options are almost limitless. You can also make the next set opposite and that will make it looks like the red lights on the KITT car going back and forth.

Contact Brian McNamara‎. He put together sample sequences for mega tree chases; these are easily adaptable to other sorts of chases also. He had the sequences loaded on his website at one time for download.