Light-O-Rama Forums

Having issues connecting controllers to network

1825Lights

Hey guys, I am having trouble connecting a Light-O-Rama controller (generation 3 version 5) to my computer with Showtime V4.3.14, it wont connect to the LOR network and will just show the not connected light blinking pattern, I had it working a few weeks back with a computer running showtime 3.12.4 software at a haunted house so I believe the controller is fine, has anybody else had issues with this?

I dont have access to the computer with showtime 3.12.4

Hey guys, I am having trouble connecting a Light-O-Rama controller (generation 3 version 5) to my computer with Showtime V4.3.14, it wont connect to the LOR network and will just show the not connected light blinking pattern, I had it working a few weeks back with a computer running showtime 3.12.4 software at a haunted house so I believe the controller is fine, has anybody else had issues with this?

I dont have access to the computer with showtime 3.12.4

Edited by LORAdmin
Thread Merge By Admin

Are you testing this with the Hardware Utility of trying to run a sequence with the Sequence Editor?  If using SE, do you have the LOR Control Panel running (which in turn starts the LOR Comm Listener)?

I am in hardware utility and I have shows disabled so that should not be trying to control it. I have gone into Windows Device Manager and checked and the USB adapter is showing and working, but the controller is not connected.

I have been up for about 16+hrs so let me know if I didn't answer your question.

do you have the right com port selected in the hardware utility ,do you   know for sure your cat-5 cables are good.

Edited by Dennis Laff

I can go from the USB adapter to the G3V5 controller then out of that to the older controller (G3V3?) and the older controller will connect, but the newer G3V5 controller will not, I do understand that the ports are directly connected, but I can atleast tell that the network is working

• The topic was locked