Light-O-Rama Forums

Lost everything.

Andy2567

Well my new puppy has decided to eat my laptop. Now I have to scramble to start over. Need some help people. A lot of help. I got a new laptop but have no software for my lor anymore. Do I have to buy it all over again. Also if anyone has any 32 channel sequences they would be happy to share that would be like Christmas early for me once I get all the software on my new laptop.I lost everything. I am overwhelmed right know but can not let the kids down and not have a show. Please help. Thank you in advance.

I wasn't smart enough to back them up. Not a computer guy at all but I love doing the Lights so I spend time each year trying to learn more. Its a good thing this puppy loves to go fishing or else.

Download the LOR software and use your license to activate it.

Next, get rid of the puppy. Either that or teach the owner how to keep things away from the puppy. :)

• Like 2

Ooooh, that hurts.  Is that puppy still breathing? (OK, I was being sarcastic with that question - I saw your post about fishing just before I pressed Submit).

I refer you to this forum topic:

You make at least the second person that I know of who has lost all their sequences this year...

Check the Sequence Sharing section of the forum, there is quite a bit there.

In all liklyhood the drive will be intact along with the contents. Remove it from the remains and get something like this

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA10V3K62459

Connect to your new pc's usb port and copy any files you want to save.

• Like 3

I would like to see a pic of the dog. LOL

Maybe hooking the dog up to a USB port of another computer to retrieve the sequences. :)

I'm only kidding but you have to realize, I've been doing this for 10 years and never heard of a dog eating a laptop.

Homework? Yes.  Laptop??? What size puppy do you have? (Obviously bigger now) :)

My Cat ate my dog who ate my wires that go to the lap top and my bird crapped on my lap top... But Im not worried because I have a Thumb Drive Back up.... Just waiting for my dog to have a BM so I can get it back..

• Like 1

Note to self:  Backup all LOR files to the cloud tonight when you get home from work.

Good girl!

But why had you not already done it - without reading this thread as a prompt?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Had a similar problem but it wasn't a puppy that chewed my lap top but a dirty dog that decided he needed my lap top more than I did. Yes I had back ups but unfortunately for me they were in the lap top bag that was stolen. But lucky for me there are a great bunch of people in this forum like Old Sarge and James Morris who came to my rescue in my hour of need, for without their help I probably would not have had a show this year. Great community with a lot of really good people in it willing to help anyone.

Also I would like to say thank you and best wishes to all our troops ( north and south ) this holiday season that won't be home with their families and loved ones. Stay safe and God Bless.