Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't set unit ID

zvacman

2 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

Confusing - It connects and can control the lights - solid green.  What changed since then?  

It connects on my DMX network but with the wrong ID. ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT CONNECT on the RG485 to reset the unit ID number.

Z

Reboot the PC - unplug and plug the dongle back in- perhaps use a different USB port.

So with LOR ID=6, your DMX starting address will be 81?

1 minute ago, wbaker4 said:

Reboot the PC - unplug and plug the dongle back in- perhaps use a different USB port.

So with LOR ID=6, your DMX starting address will be 81?

I've done all of that several times. It functions fine and controls lights as unit 1 in DMX, Which gives me 2 unit 1's. Not good. I have even tried to switch unit 1 to unit 6 but it won't connect either.

Z

4 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

Do you have other RS485 dongles?

Wish I do, that would be nice. I might have to ditch this controller at this point for this year. I still have over 10,000 RGB and Pixel channels, the show will still rock.

Z

Hey Z - 

Since it works OK as controller 1, could you just re-number your original #1 controller to #6 (or whatever number you had in mind)? That will get you through the lighting season, and then you can get to the source of the problem in the new year when you have plenty of time.

D.T.

1 hour ago, DownTown said:

Hey Z - 

Since it works OK as controller 1, could you just re-number your original #1 controller to #6 (or whatever number you had in mind)? That will get you through the lighting season, and then you can get to the source of the problem in the new year when you have plenty of time.

D.T.

I tried that. The HU isn't finding any controllers and aside from needing to change this one unit ID I don't even need my RS485 which I'm thinking is the culprit. I have a friend that is going to drop off his tonight, so fingers crossed.

Z

Seems that if HU won't find any of your controllers, you have a configuration or communication issue. I'd resolve that before you take on any other challenges. I'd want to see a solid light on the controller and the controller list in HU fully populated before doing anything else.

D.T.

If your connected in DMX mode off your E1-31  controller the hardware utility wont find it in dmx mode , you have to connect to lor dongle to find it in the hardware utility change channel then connect to DMX.

8 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

If your connected in DMX mode off your E1-31  controller the hardware utility wont find it in dmx mode , you have to connect to lor dongle to find it in the hardware utility change channel then connect to DMX.

I might have a bad dongle, (and that just sounds wrong). My buddy just dropped his dongle off for me to try, again WRONG. Fingers crossed, I'll try it later tonight.

Z

Ok. Three computers, two RS485 adapters, six controllers and countless cat5 cables and still flashing green. I need this controller id set or I'll be 8 channels short. I've looked for the adapter driver and can't find it anywhere. I'm all out of guesses. HELP.

Z

Can you plug another controller in for testing to make sure it's not a controller issue?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Oops, missed that part that you did try different controllers...

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Does anyone know if I can set unit ID's in a demo version of LOR? I've installed it on yet another computer but I don't want to register the software on it.

Z

11 hours ago, zvacman said:

Ok. Three computers, two RS485 adapters, six controllers and countless cat5 cables and still flashing green. I need this controller id set or I'll be 8 channels short. I've looked for the adapter driver and can't find it anywhere. I'm all out of guesses. HELP.

Z

http://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/CDM20830_Setup.exe

Thanks to everyone that helped me through this, it was a driver issue with the RG485 adapter. I ended up finding the driver under firmware at LOR's site. I'm back in business and the show will go on!

Thanks again, Z

• The topic was locked