Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't set unit ID

zvacman

I have one CTB16 that I am unable to assign a unit ID to. The green light is just flashing and the computer isn't seeing it. It's brand new this year, joining 5 of his friends, so I have done this before. The comm listener is running and every time I shut it off it comes right back on. I am planning on running it on DMX but it still needs an identity. Why is the green light flashing? Yes the cat5 is good, it works on other controllers. The program thinks the comm listener is off, as I went through all of those steps already, but it is still showing on the bottom of the screen. It's crunch time! HELP! 

Thanks, Z

I forgot to mention the it connects solid green light and controls the lights. Only problem is that it's showing up as controller #1 and i need it to be #6.

Z

Assuming you are trying to address it in the Hardware Utility.  Shut down the LOR control panel.  You have contention for the comm port.

8 minutes ago, zvacman said:

Sorry Jim, caveman here. How do I shut down the LOR control panel?

Z

In the bottom right of your your screen you should see a LOR icon, right click on it and click "UNLOAD LOR"

Edited by Mr. P

1 minute ago, zvacman said:

Ok, then what???? I still can't set a unit ID?

Open the hardware Utility and on the left column,  Set Unit IDs, Old Unit ID = 1, New Unit ID = 6, click Change Unit ID.

1 minute ago, wbaker4 said:

Is the Comm Dongle working and being recognized by the computer?

I'm going to LOR right now to update the driver, might be too early but good call.

Z

Let's start from the beginning.

Connect only that controller to your usb485.

Start the control panel and open the HU.

Refresh and search for the controller. If it doesn't find it change to the second rj45 port on the controller and search again. If it doesn't find it change the cable.

22 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Let's start from the beginning.

Connect only that controller to your usb485.

Start the control panel and open the HU.

Refresh and search for the controller. If it doesn't find it change to the second rj45 port on the controller and search again. If it doesn't find it change the cable.

4 cables all known good. Refresh on both sides 4 times on each cable. It connects no problem on the DMX universe. Just has the wrong ID.

Z

The only thing left I can think of is resetting the controller:

To reset the controller, power it off, move jumper JP3 to pins 5 & 6 (one pin right) and power the controller on. The status LED will fast blink during reset. Once you see this, power the board off and move the jumper back to pins 4 & 5.

1 hour ago, zvacman said:

I forgot to mention the it connects solid green light and controls the lights. Only problem is that it's showing up as controller #1 and i need it to be #6.

Z

Confusing - It connects and can control the lights - solid green.  What changed since then?  

Okay so open the hardware Utility and on the left column,  Set Unit IDs, Old Unit ID = any unit, New Unit ID = 6, click Change Unit ID.

Edited by Mr. P