Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WayneKremer

Bug fixes in 4.3.16?

Mike, can you please fix the beta announcement of 4.3.16?  It references the What's New page...but that only has up to 4.3.12.  Would like to know the bug fixes for 4.3.16.  thx

Wayne

Edited by WayneKremer
  • Like 1

You are probably talking about the on-line version of the help file.  I don't think we update that until we go live with a release.  However since you asked, here are all the bug fixes in 4.16:

Did we not update the Help file in the beta release (the one on your computer?)

What's New in Version 4.3.16

Hardware Support for Pixie Controllers
Hardware Support for New 4 port MP3 Director
Insert Pixie Device in Sequence Editor
New SD Card Wizard for writing MP3 Director SD cards in Hardware Utility
Bug Fixes

Hardware Support for Pixie Controllers

Hardware Utility support for Pixie16, Pixie 8, and Pixie 4 controllers has been added.  You can now configure these devices for use.  Please note that the Sequence Editor has not been updated to include Pixie devices, and the Visualizer will only support 50 pixels on a Unit ID until a future update.

Hardware Support for New 4 port MP3 directors

Hardware Utility support for an upcoming 4 port MP3 Director has been added.  This hardware has not been released for sale yet.

Insert Pixie Device in the Sequence Editor

The Sequence Editor's Insert Device dialog can now insert Pixie devices with 2,4,8 or 16 ports.

New SD Card Wizard for writing MP3 Director SD cards in Hardware Utility

In support for the new 4 port MP3 director and other future improvements to SD card handling, the way SD cards are written in the Hardware Utility has changed somewhat.  The old 'Final Options' screen has been replaced with a wizard.  There are no functionality changes.

Bug Fixes

In many, but not all, cases when using the Pixcon16 'simple' configuration if the RGB Triplet order was changed it was not actually updated on the board.
When updating the configuration of a PixCon16, an error 513 or 528 could appear if the voltage for Bank 2 changed between the time the packet was written and the board was re-read.
In some very rare cases, when writing a show to an SD card with the Hardware Utility, one or both ports may not have been throttled.
While running a show, if a sequence started playing that used video media, and the video mode was set to Full Screen, the Show Player would not always put the video in full screen mode.
In Superstar, if you clicked on an effect in the list box and the effect was in a group, the grouping would be corrupted.
In Superstar, if you right clicked to bring up the color picker dialog while moving the mouse, the dialog was not updated.
In Superstar, on some computers, saving sequences to audio files to the desktop was not working.
In Superstar, spiral and fan effects that were part of a group would not stay as part of the group when saved.
In Superstar, in some cases importing a matrix wizard with the origin set at the top were not working.
In Superstar, Star hotspots were being incorrectly drawn when in CCR and Floating window mode.  The hotspots are no longer drawn, matching the behavior when floating windows are turned off.
In Superstar, changed an error message instead to a warning if an effect were added that straddled a text action mask.  The action is  now allowed.
In Superstar, saved state of the "Pixel Extender" if it was active, and warn the user that it is ON the first time they try to run a sequence.
In Superstar, when using the Pixel Extender, morph coordinates were being incorrectly clipped if the Pixel Extender is shrinking effects.
In Superstar, if you exceeded 64 columns by using force row/column in a prop and/or fixture, the program would crash instead of producing an error.
In Superstar, in some cases groups were not saved to clipboard files properly.
In Superstar, while doing a copy/paste between two different instances of the program, the groups were not pasted properly.
In Superstar, the maximum number of image actions has increased from 5,000 to 10,000.
In Superstar, the 'Scene Group Modify' wrap check box now supports 'no wrapping'.
In Superstar, properly convert star scenes to RGB scenes when importing a visualization that has a Superstar RGB star.

Thanks Mike.  I had seen a couple of the SuperStar bugs before.  Although I don't think I'm going to update my show computer until after the Christmas Season, I will be updating the computers I might use for sequencing...

3 hours ago, DevMike said:

While running a show, if a sequence started playing that used video media, and the video mode was set to Full Screen, the Show Player would not always put the video in full screen mode.

Great. I experienced this this past Halloween.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Thanks Mike.  I had seen a couple of the SuperStar bugs before.  Although I don't think I'm going to update my show computer until after the Christmas Season, I will be updating the computers I might use for sequencing...

There really were no changes in how shows run (other than the Video fix), so I wouldnt think  you need to update - unless you need the Pixie functionality.  If you need Pixie functionality, the upgrade is probably safe - again since there were no changes to how shows run.

I updated two of the computers and found a bug in SuperStar that Brian has already fixed. I will update the primary sequencing computer this evening. Unless there was a major reason to do so (and there isn't unless you run video - and I don't), I would not update the show computer this close to the Christmas show season.

Again, thanks for the update.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android