Light-O-Rama Forums

setting up Pixie 16 controller

Troy Connor

What network (Regular, Aux A, etc) is your controller on and which unit it have you assigned to it? These setting must match the Prop Definition in the Pixel Editor. Also the LOR Control Panel must be running to control the lights and the network it is on must to set to "enhanced" in LOR Network Configuration.

Matt

• 1 month later...

Hi Matt. I was wondering if you could help me as well.  Due work travel I got a VERY late start on getting a new display up and running. I have 3 of the pixie 16 controllers that appear to take the unit id set up and status LED stops flashing as if it is communicating but wont allow me to control test them and thus wont control them in any sequence. I have checked the network settings and in my case COMM 4 is the one that is connected to the pixies and it states that its is 500K and Enhanced.

Ive spent the last two weeks building props, controllers and extension cords and now can get a single light on and am starting to panic so any help you could lend would be very much appreciated.

G

1 hour ago, gstigall said:

Hi Matt. I was wondering if you could help me as well.  Due work travel I got a VERY late start on getting a new display up and running. I have 3 of the pixie 16 controllers that appear to take the unit id set up and status LED stops flashing as if it is communicating but wont allow me to control test them and thus wont control them in any sequence. I have checked the network settings and in my case COMM 4 is the one that is connected to the pixies and it states that its is 500K and Enhanced.

Ive spent the last two weeks building props, controllers and extension cords and now can get a single light on and am starting to panic so any help you could lend would be very much appreciated.

G

First take a look at the documentation for getting the LOR Pixel Tree kit working with the Pixel Editor. The Pixel Tree kit is controlled by a Pixie 8 controller, so a lot of the concepts are the same.

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PEwithPixelTree16x25-RevA.pdf

If you are still stuck, please create a ticket with the help desk.

http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

Matt

Hi Matt, I did use that as a guide but no joy.  I will start again from scratch,  I used some of my older sequences and tried to import and go from there. I must have missed a step or something.  Driving crazy....

Hi Matt,
Just wanted give you an update. The controllers are up and running and apparently always were.  The issue I was having was with the pixel string/extension cord combination I was using since the props were already out in the yard. Brought a few inside and directly connected them and POOF they worked. Thats what I get for trying something new without having time to test it.

Tomorrow will be a full day of soldering new ends on strings and extension cords but at least i know that the controllers will light them when I am done.

Thanks very much for replying on a Saturday, your response kept me working to find the issue and now it looks like I will finally be able to turn on the display tomorrow <fingers crossed>