Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP ME

GoBlue02

I am new to this light o rama stuff and not computer savy. I have created a show with a musical sequence and every time I hit play the lights dont come on with the music? I go to the test and every thing works, I am so confused. HELP

23 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Go to the top menu and click "PLAY", on the drop down menu ensure "control lights" is checked.

This option has tripped up more people than I can count.  Maybe I'm missing something but why is it even necessary?  We did buy this program to control our lights so..........

And make sure your channel config in your sequence jives what the Unit number you have set on your controller.

So if the controller is set at Unit #1, make sure your sequence channel config shows Unit 1.

1 minute ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

This option has tripped up more people than I can count.  Maybe I'm missing something but why is it even necessary?  We did buy this program to control our lights so..........

Because the vast majority of times you play a sequence in SE, you are NOT controlling the lights, but rather to control Visualizer or the animator while sequencing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Because the vast majority of times you play a sequence in SE, you are NOT controlling the lights, but rather to control Visualizer or the animator while sequencing.

Oh REALLY didn't realize that :rolleyes:.  What I'm getting at is why isn't it just defaulted to control lights if it doesn't affect the performance when controlling the visualizer.  Might save some headaches for someone if they don't know about it.

3 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

What I'm getting at is why isn't it just defaulted to control lights if it doesn't affect the performance when controlling the visualizer.  Might save some headaches for someone if they don't know about it.

Actually it can cause some issues if either you are not setup for controlling the lights (for example no USB to RS-485 adapter plugged in), or if you are setup for controlling lights and you really don't want them controlled at that time.  For example if a show computer is controlling a real show, and if I were sequencing on a sequencing computer and have the control lights enabled.  Not likely a problem on LOR network stuff since the USB to RS-485 adapter wont be plugged into the sequencing computer, but sure could cause havoc with E1.31.

That's a stretch and I can't say I've ever seen anyone complain about what you're talking about.  But plenty have had issues with it not being checked and not being able to control their lights via the sequencer.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

It is checked by default, but if you have something configured wrong and you try to hit play, it becomes unchecked automatically.

This is getting a little off topic.

OP, do you have the Control Panel running?