Light-O-Rama Forums

My Display This Year

caniac

Nice job Chet.

How is the pixel tree frame made? Big difference in displays from Halloween to Christmas my friend. Loved the UFO as well :)

4 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Nice job Chet.

How is the pixel tree frame made? Big difference in displays from Halloween to Christmas my friend. Loved the UFO as well :)

Pixel tree consist of custom Mega tree stand from Christmas Light Show with galvanized pipe for legs.  On top is a 10ft section of galvanized pipe (1-1/4"), a pole pin (from Christmas Light show), and a five foot section of galvanized pipe.  I use galvanized pipe because of the brutal winds here.  If wind isn't an issue then you can sub PVC.  My topper is a 10" RGB topper from Christmas Light show. Then I took RGB strips from HolidayCoro and mounted them onto BoscoyoStudio pixel strip banding material.  At the top is a special attachment I got from Christmas Light Show just for this banding material.  I only used 6 outputs on the AlphaPix controller because I had it zigzag the even numbered strips.  Hope that helps.

Oh and I sandbagged the base, won't say it is Nebraska proof but it will take one heck of a wind.

11 hours ago, Sully said:

Looks good!

My biggest surprise this year was the RGB Tree, wasn't sure how it would look or work out but once I got on a roll I was happy.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2016 at 6:26 AM, caniac said:

My biggest surprise this year was the RGB Tree, wasn't sure how it would look or work out but once I got on a roll I was happy.

I was going to tackle a large pixel tree this year but I didn't. It's my first year going 100% pixels. I got the house outline, 3 arches and 4 3' mini pixel trees. Next year I'll add the big one and a matrix on large front window.

Yours looks great though, good job!

• Like 1

Looks real good Chet. Nice and clean and not too blinky. I'm still learning to flash off instead of flashing on.

If you get Mary's Boy Child up and running - please post it too.

20 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Looks real good Chet. Nice and clean and not too blinky. I'm still learning to flash off instead of flashing on.

If you get Mary's Boy Child up and running - please post it too.

waiting on some sequencing help on that one but will put it up when done.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked