Light-O-Rama Forums

Ge led lights

budslights

Two years ago after Christmas I purchased a lot of the ge cool white led lights. Last year I used them for the first season and afterwards were wrapped up and stored in a plastic tote in the basement. Got them out this year and when I plugged them in almost every strand had a section out, anybody else ever experience anything like that?

thanks

5 hours ago, budslights said:

Two years ago after Christmas I purchased a lot of the ge cool white led lights. Last year I used them for the first season and afterwards were wrapped up and stored in a plastic tote in the basement. Got them out this year and when I plugged them in almost every strand had a section out, anybody else ever experience anything like that?

thanks

There are many complaints in the reviews about these lights at many of the retailer sites, not working after the first year. I am thinking that moisture gets into these strings when they are being used outside and they corrode while they sit in storage for the year.

I had the same thing happen to me. It's frustrating. Luckily Creative Displays had a 25% off sale the day after the election or I'd be scrambling to replace all of my strands.

if the leds are replaceable, there is probably an led or two that have broken wires so there is no contact and the section goes dark. I have repaired a bunch of our strings and found leds with one leg corroded/broken off. replace that led and the string lights up fully.

I have used the LED Light Keeper with good results.