Light-O-Rama Forums

G3 MP3 swap

Squirrelcrusher

I have the showtime central kit I bought a few years ago. This summer I bought the G3-MP3 director hoping to use it this year to better control my display. Today I am trying to setup my display and realized the mini director to G3-MP3 might not be as easy as I hoped it would be. 

wo

The mini director is powering the FM transmitter. Can the G3-MP3 be used to power the FM transmitter and if so how do I do it?  If not can I just get a plug in power cord for the FM transmitter and set it on a timer?

• 3 weeks later...
On November 13, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Squirrelcrusher said:

I have the showtime central kit I bought a few years ago. This summer I bought the G3-MP3 director hoping to use it this year to better control my display. Today I am trying to setup my display and realized the mini director to G3-MP3 might not be as easy as I hoped it would be. 

wo

The mini director is powering the FM transmitter. Can the G3-MP3 be used to power the FM transmitter and if so how do I do it?  If not can I just get a plug in power cord for the FM transmitter and set it on a timer?

If you buy the LOR FM Transmitter, you can use Batteries...That is what I plan on doing this year.  The director will not power the FM transmitter, at least as far as I know. 

Ya I was hoping there was a way to power it similar to how the mini director powered it. Oh well I had an extra cell phone charger that is powering the FM transmitter.