Light-O-Rama Forums

Networking Issue

Morendo1975

Good evening!  I have 3 Residential boxes that I used last year with now problem!  This year I am adding severl CCR boxed for  a matrix.  The issue I am running into is, I have to check the enchanced network for the matrix to work, but then my other boxes aren't running.  If I uncheck the enchanced box, then the matrix doesn't work but the other lights do.  Right now, they are all daisy chained together from my computer.  Is there a way to get them all to run from the same network cable?  If not what is the best solution?

Thanks!!

Make sure your residential controllers are G3, green led, as they are the only ones that will work on an enhanced network. Also make sure they are updated with the most current firmware.

If your residential controllers are of the older version you can easily run two networks.  Purchase a high speed network adapter USB485 and separate your residential controllers and your enhanced CCRs.  You will just need to run separate network cables. 

2 hours ago, Morendo1975 said:

In the Harware section it says 16PC-G3 Ver 1.06 for all three of the controllers.

If those are Gen 3, that is old firmware.  LOR download page shows 1.08 is the latest for Gen 3 residential controllers.

http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

Yeah, I downloaded the newest firmware last night, but didn't have time to test out the lights.  I will try again.  Thanks for the help!  I'll reply back after I get a chance to try it out!

• The topic was locked