Light-O-Rama Forums

2 CCR's on my truck?

Idiotfiasco

Thinking about putting 2 CCR's on my truck for a parade. I have a couple of questions and need suggestions.

#1 What is the amp draw per CCR and controller?

#2 If I start the ribbons on the front of the hood (or maybe on the bed) does anyone have suggestions on how to run the wiring?

I have a laptop to run the show that will hold a charge for several hours and run bluetooth to the speakers inside.

I know LED's by themselves use very little power, I guess my biggest concern is how much the power supply will draw from my factory installed inverter. My thoughts are to start the ribbons in the bed of the truck with the controllers mounted back there, and having 10' ethernet and an extension cord. Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, Idiotfiasco said:

#1 What is the amp draw per CCR and controller?

36 watts at 12 volts, so three amps.  However I can only guess what the efficiency is of your inverter.  Likely 50 watts or so.

27 minutes ago, Idiotfiasco said:

Also, before I forget, I have considered making mounts using magnets, would the magnets interfere with the ribbons?

I would not expect so.

It looks like my built in inverter will only handle about 12.5 amps constant. Others have reported only being able to handle 1.25 amps. I guess I will have to do some trial and error. 

Thanks for all of the input Jim.

After reading the manual, it states that max is 150 watts, I guess I will try it out and see. I will report back. Thanks again for the information.

8 hours ago, k6ccc said:

36 watts at 12 volts, so three amps.  However I can only guess what the efficiency is of your inverter.  Likely 50 watts or so.

That is the current at 12v. It will be considerably less at 110v.

7 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

That is the current at 12v. It will be considerably less at 110v.

Except that my 50 watts answer was in watts, not amps.

There is a considerable loss going from 12V in the vehicle to 110 VAC via an inverter, and then back to 12VDC in the CCR power supply.

• The topic was locked