Light-O-Rama Forums

PE and SE

upsdude9351

long time user of lor and first year using PE,,, built a small node matrix 16x12 nodes, and its stashed in a cubby above my garage and roof line... "tune to sign",,,,is there anyway to get the two of these programs to sequence the matrix together, or am i stuck using the extremely limited effects of only PE to program this matrix???.... my show has many side to side and up and down chases all performed in SE, and trying to match the chases created in SE with PE seems unobtainable!,,,,, or am i stuck running tune to blah blah for the entire duration of the song with a random fire effect and snowflake,,,? Sorry just a little sarcasm,,,,,I love lor,, and just seems to handicap us with the inability to be in complete control over our show?,,, or am i missing a link somewhere?,,,, 16 ccrs,, 2 blinky boxes, and 36 universes of E1.31,,,, please any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated,, and please dont take this as im "bashing" lor,,, it just seems like we pay a LOT of money to be handicapped?????

2 hours ago, upsdude9351 said:

long time user of lor and first year using PE,,, built a small node matrix 16x12 nodes, and its stashed in a cubby above my garage and roof line... "tune to sign",,,,is there anyway to get the two of these programs to sequence the matrix together, or am i stuck using the extremely limited effects of only PE to program this matrix???.... my show has many side to side and up and down chases all performed in SE, and trying to match the chases created in SE with PE seems unobtainable!,,,,, or am i stuck running tune to blah blah for the entire duration of the song with a random fire effect and snowflake,,,? Sorry just a little sarcasm,,,,,I love lor,, and just seems to handicap us with the inability to be in complete control over our show?,,, or am i missing a link somewhere?,,,, 16 ccrs,, 2 blinky boxes, and 36 universes of E1.31,,,, please any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated,, and please dont take this as im "bashing" lor,,, it just seems like we pay a LOT of money to be handicapped?????

From my understanding you cannot use both programs to sequence the same element such as your matrix. We have been told that next year LOR plans a new version of the software that will incorporate all of the programs together. At least that's the way I believe it to be. I know that doesn't help you much for this year. Good luck

From my understanding you cannot use both programs to sequence the same element such as your matrix. We have been told that next year LOR plans a new version of the software that will incorporate all of the programs together. At least that's the way I believe it to be. I know that doesn't help you much for this year. Good luck

Man I really hope this is true, I've seen lots of issues when exporting from pixel editor lol, everything looks great, export and play it on the house and there are strings missing from the pixel tree. It's not been a fun time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, 1983ss454 said:

Man I really hope this is true, I've seen lots of issues when exporting from pixel editor lol, everything looks great, export and play it on the house and there are strings missing from the pixel tree. It's not been a fun time

I've had the same issue happen with strings missing when saving the intensity file.  After making changes in P.E. first save the file then reopen it and then export the intensity file.  This procedure has eliminated that issue for me.

I've had the same issue happen with strings missing when saving the intensity file.  After making changes in P.E. first save the file then reopen it and then export the intensity file.  This procedure has eliminated that issue for me.

Thanks I will try that

16 hours ago, upsdude9351 said:

There are effects that allow those kind of effects. The curtain will allow left/right up/down and from the center in/out. If you need more help PM me and we can get you going.

SPaschall

Thanks for the responses people,,, hopefully this new update or hopefully "free" upgrade will help simplify some of the heartaches and troubles we encounter as dedicated lor users?,,,,,, HEAR OUR CRIES developers!!!!!!!! :D and thanks SPaschall,,,, ive tried the curtain, and the bars, and doesnt really look as dynamic as a hand built chase imo?? and plus there seems to be timing issues in between the two programs as well........ 

Thanks I will try that

Tried this and still having issues. Tree runs perfect in pixel editor after import and then on the export it's either completely missing and jumbled. These are all sequences that ran in sequence editor without a problem last year. About to just run the tree from the sequence editor again

8 minutes ago, 1983ss454 said:

Tried this and still having issues. Tree runs perfect in pixel editor after import and then on the export it's either completely missing and jumbled. These are all sequences that ran in sequence editor without a problem last year. About to just run the tree from the sequence editor again

Sorry to hear that and I myself will probably not use P.E. next year.  Superstar at this point is a much superior program if they could only get layering and the white twinkle effect added.

A marriage of SS and PE seems like it would make the most sense and maybe just get rid of SE all together, or combine the 3 into a more streamlined platform that doesn't require knowledge of 3 different platforms

I'm sure if LOR had it to do all over again, they would have designed it differently, but I am guessing they never expected pixels to explode onto the scene like they have, and I am guessing SE was designed way before pixels ever even came into the picture. I do understand there are a lot of things to think about from a developer and business standpoint like licensing and migration of pre-existing sequences. It is a business after all.

As a software developer myself, I have great admiration for what Matt has done with PE. With a few more SS features integrated into PE, I think it is a very solid product. I would love to see a future edition with a lot more effects and maybe even a custom effect creator so people can share what they have done so people feel less "handicapped" by the software.

I can't wait to see what LOR comes out with next!

Edited by robigd
  • Like 1

From what has been said on the forum, the next major release is intended to integrate SuperStar, Pixel Editor, and Sequence Editor much better than they are now. Supposed to be sometime in 2017. It would make sense to do it similar to the S4 release, where it comes out in beta early in the year, and then is officially released mid year. We'll see....

Personally, I don't have a real issue with how things are now, but I sequence EVERYTHING in SuperStar and export that as a intensity files.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

From what has been said on the forum, the next major release is intended to integrate SuperStar, Pixel Editor, and Sequence Editor much better than they are now. Supposed to be sometime in 2017. It would make sense to do it similar to the S4 release, where it comes out in beta early in the year, and then is officially released mid year. We'll see....

Personally, I don't have a real issue with how things are now, but I sequence EVERYTHING in SuperStar and export that as a intensity files.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

It's too late now for me to get just into superstar unfortunately, but this is a little crazy. So say I buy a CCR tree sequence, I have to copy that into my existing SE sequence, migrate it into PE editor, where it plays just as it shows on the screen, remove the channel data from SE, then Dave the intensity files. Move over to play SE editor and watch on the visualizer where the tree is all scrambled. Been working for days to get one song to export correctly. Everything I sequences in PE works just as sequenced.

20 minutes ago, robigd said:

A marriage of SS and PE seems like it would make the most sense and maybe just get rid of SE all together, or combine the 3 into a more streamlined platform that doesn't require knowledge of 3 different platforms

I'm sure if LOR had it to do all over again, they would have designed it differently, but I am guessing they never expected pixels to explode onto the scene like they have, and I am guessing SE was designed way before pixels ever even came into the picture. I do understand there are a lot of things to think about from a developer and business standpoint like licensing and migration of pre-existing sequences. It is a business after all.

As a software developer myself, I have great admiration for what Matt has done with PE. With a few more SS features integrated into PE, I think it is a very solid product. I would love to see a future edition with a lot more effects and maybe even a custom effect creator so people can share what they have done so people feel less "handicapped" by the software.

I can't wait to see what LOR comes out with next!

From what little I have seen it will be a marriage of SE and PE with the ability to import SS effects into the software. Matt is working hard and listening to what we as the consumers of the product are saying and trying to put together a product that will be useful no matter how small or large your display is.

SPaschall

1 minute ago, 1983ss454 said:

It's too late now for me to get just into superstar unfortunately, but this is a little crazy. So say I buy a CCR tree sequence, I have to copy that into my existing SE sequence, migrate it into PE editor, where it plays just as it shows on the screen, remove the channel data from SE, then Dave the intensity files. Move over to play SE editor and watch on the visualizer where the tree is all scrambled. Been working for days to get one song to export correctly. Everything I sequences in PE works just as sequenced.

Import your visualizer file into PE that way you see everything. Trying to mock the setup in the SE visualizer really hasn't worked for me but bring the SE visualizer in works great.

SPaschall

Agreed it is way to close to show time to learn SuperStar! As I don't use PE, I can't help you with the import/export issue.

Good luck!

Import your visualizer file into PE that way you see everything. Trying to mock the setup in the SE visualizer really hasn't worked for me but bring the SE visualizer in works great.

SPaschall

It's the same, I built the entire setup in visualizer and then imported it into PE. If I play SE before migrating to PE the tree sequence is fine. One I import into PE it plays fine, after export it's missing strings and just a jumbled mess

It shouldn't mess up unless you are trying to sequence the tree in both. Once the intensity data is created I believe it takes over the prop since it is assigned to the pixel editor.

SPaschall

It shouldn't mess up unless you are trying to sequence the tree in both. Once the intensity data is created I believe it takes over the prop since it is assigned to the pixel editor.

SPaschall

Ya but when you run the program to remove the channel data. It's supposed to remove anything that would be in those channels

when you migrate your sequence from SE to PE  the props sequenced in SE should be checked as sequenced in SE if your watching them in the pixel editor .

• Like 1