Light-O-Rama Forums

Video

Denny

Can LOR II be used to simultaneously send different signals to multiple projectors? I was thinking about getting two of those $75 projectors and use one as part of the show. I would use the other to project Tune Radio To; announcements such as don't block driveways, maybe information about the show or songs, etc. Someone might even want to use a third projector for the virtual Santa.

I didnt use any projector. I used my pc to record my announcement. save it and than sequenced it. saved that as intro. no light just the audio.
gave the hours and thank u's , but didnt need anything else. just used it as a song to start the show on everynight. try that before spending any money.

start- all programs- accessories-entertainment-sound recorder.

just need to write down what you want to say and record. save in documents. than start a new sequence, and search for audio.

cheap and easy way. just need a mic if you pc doesnt have one

It's not a rea high quality projector, but I figure it is good enough to use outside and the price is right. http://www.geekshoponline.com/pdetailinfo.php?reference=pdetail&identity=Torpedo+Digital+Projector&&storage=yes&cell=15006015380

I wouldn't want to use my home theater projector outdoors or tie it up for the season so that I can't use it inside.

Attached files 151181=8792-100_0481a.jpg

Thanks,

The tree on the right is a "family" tree. I decorated it with baby pictures of my five kids and ten grandkids.

lol. i bet a lot of us are going to buying it now, hope they have enough stuck! im not doing video this year but my wife for our 15th wedding ann, this past 5th surprised me in a big way and ordered me 2 Martin out door mini mac's for the display...................and oh yes im will be kissing her butt till next , lol got to love a great wife! and just think i was only asking for 13 new controllers this year! I think the lights will do. anyway the projector looks great good luck.;)

Does anyone have one of those projectors? A great price on a projector even if it doesn't work all that great.

Thanks for the link to PC. Intersting that you should mention the cost of replacement bulbs. As we sit in this quiet dark room (not really dark just being dramatic) we can remember just yesterday when the DLP had a picture but then the dreaded POP:( It is hard to believe that you can get a 27" TV with built in DVD for the price of a replacement bulb:(:X

LightORamaDan wrote:

Thanks for the link to PC. Intersting that you should mention the cost of replacement bulbs. As we sit in this quiet dark room (not really dark just being dramatic) we can remember just yesterday when the DLP had a picture but then the dreaded POP:( It is hard to believe that you can get a 27" TV with built in DVD for the price of a replacement bulb:(:X

Been there; done that!

$7 replacement bulb for the Torpedo.

Someone on PC mentioned a projector with built in DVD player too. I haven't investigagted that one, but it might be interesting to use it to make a "Tune To" sign. Might be possible to build a self-contained box with rear projection screen, make a DVD, turn on with LOR, and let it run throughout the show. Could also include on the DVD things such as song titles, artist, projected announcements such as donation box, etc. At this price, could use a second projector synched to LOR to play other videos during the show. Third projector for virtual Santa and on and on.

There is only one problem with that projector and that is no connection to a PC or Laptop. Honestly, I am just to dumb to figure out the work around.

However, my new computer does have RCA inputs and outputs but I would need a cable about 100' long if I used the PC and only about 50' if using my show laptop.

Either way a long way.

Here you go, kind of crazy to spend $249 to make a $75 projector work. http://store.infocus.com/escalate/store/DetailPage?pls=infocus&bc=infocus&pc=INLITESHOW2&tab=desc&clist=017080322b69&ret=Accessories&pls5catname=Accessories

000002226.jpg

Wouldn't work on that projector anyway, needs a VGA connection, but for others that maybe considering the use of a better projector and want to go wireless.......

By the way, the geekshoponline.com website has some pretty good deals on remanufactured projectors too.

• 3 years later...

Denny wrote:

Thanks,

The tree on the right is a "family" tree.  I decorated it with baby pictures of my five kids and ten grandkids.

hmmmm, all these kids and grandkids, and you still have time for displays :-)

Denny wrote:

Dan,

There is a thread on it over at PC.  http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum6/20256.html

Looks like it is well worth the money for an outside display.  Replacement bulbs are cheap too, not $400 like the ones for a home theater.

Hmmm, looks like that hosting account has been suspended (as of today anyway).