Light-O-Rama Forums

Simultaneous Sequences?

PCRail

I just wound up the Halloween show 2016 and now I have a question. I had an interactive component made up of 220 smart pixels. Sequences on that fixture were triggered using the LOR input pup. I ran this interactive component from a seperate computer than the one running the show. Of course, this worked. My question is, could I have run both on the same computer. There would be no conflicts since the interactive component is never a part of regular sequences. I don't really need to answer this question until like next August, so take your time responding.

You can have multiple animation sequences running at the same time, but only one musical sequence running at any given time. As long as your interactive sequences are animation type sequences, I don't think there is a limit. One thing to keep in mind is that you can't have the same channels in different sequences that are running at the same time or that channel will be getting conflicting commands that would likely not be what you want. During my landscape lighting, it is not unusual to have two interactive animation sequences running at the same time. Make sure you carefully read and fully understand the different types of interactive groups and how they handle multiple triggers. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Thanks, Jim. Your response confirmed what I already thought. I broke down my 2016 Halloween show before I tested my theory. So, I really appreciate that you took the time to let me know I'm on the right track. Now I can start planning for a simpler setup (one computer) for next year.