Light-O-Rama Forums

im New to LOR , i need some help please

Simonkhoury

Hi Fellow LOR friends,

I'm new to the LOR world and trying to work it all out, I have a standard licence and have been trying to work out why I cant use beat wizard ?

also why am I unable to subdivide my times slots so I can get my timing 100% right ?

thanks so much for al your help

Perhaps you could describe what's happening when you try to use beat wizard? The Standard license level DOES support it, so it should work for you. Tell us more.

(here is a great post about the Beat Wizard that may help you out)

D.T.

Edited by DownTown

A message keeps coming up every time saying 

"your license does not support this feature (beat wizard) 

you may still use it, but only to see how it works; you will

not be able to save sequences after using this feature, nor will you be able to copy from it. "

The only system I can use is tap. 

When you open the sequence editor software, in the top left of the program window it should list the software version number and license level.  What does yours say?

I assume you went from Basic to Standard.  Did you re-register with your license and then restart the software?

If so, I'd reach out to LOR support unless someone else chimes in with some help.  At least we found your problem!

16 hours ago, Simonkhoury said:

Hi Fellow LOR friends,

I'm new to the LOR world and trying to work it all out, I have a standard licence and have been trying to work out why I cant use beat wizard ?

also why am I unable to subdivide my times slots so I can get my timing 100% right ?

thanks so much for al your help

I don't use wizards, so can't help you there, but when you first make a sequence, I choose .10th of a second then UN-CHECK "use fixed timing grid" . If you leave that checked, I'm pretty sure you are stuck with what you get. You should be able to move timing marks (sometimes to easily, so get used to the undo button) and subdivide or delete selected timing in the editor. BTW, most songs, unless heavy metal, a tenth is pretty much all you need anyway.

• Like 1

thanks so much guys I found the link and did the process again and it has now upgraded to standard and it allows me to use the beat wizard now :D

really appreciate your help