Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels need to be changed help....

McCord Lights

I have a sequence it is 32 channels got from a friend. I have a 16 channel LOR and want to use the one he gave me. But how can I change the number of channels in the sequence editor to only 16. 

Or can I delete some channels from the finished LOR sequence I have to only have the 16 I need. 

Please help I am newer to the LOR family but I am learning fast. 

I would suggest just keeping those channels there and just not use them. Chances are good you'll probably expand to another controller in the future.

But if you want to change or delete them, right click on the channel header field and select what you want to do with it.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. As with what Tom suggested, most who get the LOR bug keep adding year after year - so don't worry about it. All that plays will be what you have hooked up. Keep the other 16 and your ahead when you start adding.

And thanks for your service. 

• Like 1

Ok so the other channels won't really be an issue when the show is sent to controller.  The channels that have an LOR box are the only ones that will be played. 

So I can use a 32 channel sequence but just use my 16 channel controller.  I use the first 16 in the sequence and forget the rest. Just making sure I got you guys right and thank you for your help. 

1 hour ago, McCord Lights said:

Ok so the other channels won't really be an issue when the show is sent to controller.  The channels that have an LOR box are the only ones that will be played. 

So I can use a 32 channel sequence but just use my 16 channel controller.  I use the first 16 in the sequence and forget the rest. Just making sure I got you guys right and thank you for your help. 

You set the id unit # for each controller. Yours would be unit 1, channels 1 - 16. Whatever is on those channels in the Sequence Editor is what's going to happen on your controller / lights. Most small sequences sent to you would have the first 16 tied to unit #1. But some do move them around ( bad idea).

2 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Welcome aboard.

How rude of me. I didn't notice the post count in the first post.

Welcome aboard this crazy train. :)

You're in good hands here on the LOR forum. Many of great people with awesome experience.

Tom

• Like 1