Light-O-Rama Forums

Null pixels

zvacman

Hi everyone! I've read a lot about pixels, and null pixels but haven't come across the answer I need yet, so here goes. I'm having no problems out to about 25'. I have one universe that is at 38' from the controller. Since I've read posts of people going as far as 50' without a problem I figured I'd test it out. Once the sequence started they all turned white and stayed on even with the sequence stopped. I am running 12v 2811 square pixels. Should I put a null in the line going to that universe? If so, where? Do I wire it up like normal, +,-,data? After that go into the controller setup page (E682 by the way) and designate #1 pixel null on that universe? Sorry for so many questions I just want to get it right on my first try.

Thanks, Z

I've also never had to use a null pixel, but yes, it's just another pixel. In the E682 setup, you yell it the number of nulls for that string. It does not take away from your "real" pixels.

But I'm not the expert here...

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

It does sound like a null might help you.  My arches were 35 feet and they would freeze or miss some programming elements.  As soon as I put a null in at the 20 foot mark I have had no problems.

If your using a E682 controller they recommend a null pixel every 15 or 20 ft  just wire a pixel in and tell controller how many null pixels in that group  I use null pixels in a few lines no problems.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them. Hopefully my last question for today. Does anyone know where to and how to reverse the pixel numbering? I have runs going in both directions which is complicating trying to do a chase. 

Thanks, Z

As said,  a null is another pixel so once you introduce one you are limited in distance after that point. What I mean is you may get 40' from board to first pixel but if you put a null at 20' you may only get a total of 28'. Placement is not always as simple as in the middle. Everyone's experience is different but 8-9 feet has been my experience with nulls on 2811 12v strips.

in the sandevice interface page you will tell it how many pixels are null, after that number it will begging your regular addressing.

you can reverse order in the web interface and Dennis mentioned, or can move each channel in SE, pita but you could save it after that. 

22 hours ago, zvacman said:

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them. Hopefully my last question for today. Does anyone know where to and how to reverse the pixel numbering? I have runs going in both directions which is complicating trying to do a chase. 

Thanks, Z

Its in the software setup on the controller.  Log into your E682 and you will see it down at the bottom in the setup