Light-O-Rama Forums

I have searched and cannot find the answer..

Old Sarge

How do I make a .lff or a .lpf file. to use in Visualizer. I have drawn the item. added the channels as I drew it but it is just showing as a .lee file type. I am trying to make a 3 channel Santa face with one channel for the mouth open. one for eyes and the other for outline but I cannot get it to work as a Fixture or a prop so I can use it better. 

Maybe I was wrong but what i did was open my visualizer, open the picture as a background, traced over the picture with light string and added channels to it as I drew it. I am wanting something I can put in the props as example and then be able to use it in different visualizer files... not just as a visualizer .lee file the way it is now..

Any help is greatly appreciated as i am trying to get it to work with the 3 channel Santa HC seq.Mr Santa  

Thank you for any help in advance..

After you create your fixture, go to fixture properties(on top line) a box will open, on the right side is export fixture file, that will make the .lpf file. 

21 hours ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

After you create your fixture, go to fixture properties(on top line) a box will open, on the right side is export fixture file, that will make the .lpf file. 

Thank you for you answer earl but,

I cannot find anything that says fixture properties or export fixture files anywhere.  This is what I did, I opened the visualizer, then open the santa face picture as background image, traced it for the face outline, cheeks, mustache, lip etc. i ended up with I guess you call it 7 different elements, some I put as channel 1 that go together and others as channel 2 and bottom mouth as channel 3.. It does open in my visualizer but everything is listed separate. 

Fixture properties is grayed out so I cannot click on it.. 

I am trying to figure out how to make a three channel Santa face, or a 4 channel Santa face .. I do not see anywhere where it says export as a fixture or anything like that, just import or open files and select something to load.. 

The problem I think is... I Have No Idea How or what I need to open to make a fixture.. so I have no idea how to export it as a fixture.. Do I make it in the visualizer etc??

I cannot find in the tutorials how to do it or maybe I just haven't found the right terminology to find how to do it. I am using reg incan lights, If anyone has a three channel or 4 channel Talking Santa face I would love to have it if you are willing to share it. I have searched and Planet Christmas does not have it on their sharing list..

Thank You

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Santa Face 3 channel.lee

Edited by Old Sarge
hopefully I attached the Santa face I am trying to make a three or 4 channel face for.

ty Earl. I tried again and just cant seem to get it.. I did attach the file I tried to make above here so you can see what happened...

Thank You Earl

I went back and read your first entry, now that you have all the fixtures, the last icon on the second row is the create new prop, follow that thru and that should solve your problem.

Earle 

There is a program I use to create my props and fixtures. LOR object creator.  Go here for it. 

http://www.shannonclaus.com/light-o-rama-object-creator-loroc/

I take an item I want to create, import the image into paint.  I use different colors for different channels. Then import using the program above. 

Maybe this can help you too......