Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Help

submarine guy

Then the 14 string tree and 2 star tree makes sense in order to accomplish that goal.

a59c39f835c78907e891cef25e305526.jpg

So then what's the best way to set this up to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had the standard star then you could use the Configuration dialog box. But since you have an RGB star you will need to make a visualization of your tree with the 100 pixel star at the top and then import the visualization into superstar.

If you had the standard star then you could use the Configuration dialog box. But since you have an RGB star you will need to make a visualization of your tree with the 100 pixel star at the top and then import the visualization into superstar.

What do you mean standard star?

In the Configuration dialog box when you select "Yes" for "Star in Use" then it puts a star at the top of the ribbons and the star uses 6 channels of a standard 16 channel controller. It is basically an old fashioned exploding star that has 6 concentric stars.

I wish it was simpler as well. The issue is that the program needs to know where every pixel is in order to organize the way the pixels change colors. The rays that come down from the star are easy, because they are always straight rays. If you only want to sequence the rays (the straight strands of the tree) then you can select "No" for "Star in Use" and you are done.

If you want to sequence the standard star then you can select "Yes" for "Star in Use" but if you have anything else, then you need to draw out the star in the visualizer. Then you can import the visualization and superstar will use the visualization to know where all the pixels are.

I wish it was simpler as well. The issue is that the program needs to know where every pixel is in order to organize the way the pixels change colors. The rays that come down from the star are easy, because they are always straight rays. If you only want to sequence the rays (the straight strands of the tree) then you can select "No" for "Star in Use" and you are done.

If you want to sequence the standard star then you can select "Yes" for "Star in Use" but if you have anything else, then you need to draw out the star in the visualizer. Then you can import the visualization and superstar will use the visualization to know where all the pixels are.

So I would have to create a visualization for the star and the strands? Or just the star?

For the star and the strands. But the strands are easy.

There are some sample visualizations in the samples folder.

Launch the visualizer,

click on the file menu and select "Open" then navigate to the samples folder.

There are several different superstar visualizations you can open.

Have you used the visualizer before?

For the star and the strands. But the strands are easy.

There are some sample visualizations in the samples folder.

Launch the visualizer,

click on the file menu and select "Open" then navigate to the samples folder.

There are several different superstar visualizations you can open.

Have you used the visualizer before?

No. I haven't used the visualizer at all.

There is a video tutorial that will give an introduction to the visualizer. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials / PDFs". The superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Look for one about making a visuzlization for superstar.

The tutorial gives a good introduction, but to do what you want to do will require further instruction. After watching the tutorial send me an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I will help you further.

There is a video tutorial that will give an introduction to the visualizer. Go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials / PDFs". The superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Look for one about making a visuzlization for superstar.

The tutorial gives a good introduction, but to do what you want to do will require further instruction. After watching the tutorial send me an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I will help you further.

So I've decided to just do a simple three channel star of incans and focus all 16 pixie channels to the pixel tree. Will superstar recognize my three channel star instead of the six you said it does?

Yes, it will recognize the three channels. The logical thing to do is have your three channel star work off of the first 3 channels or the last 3 channels of the 6 channel star.

I have a silly question; reading this thread, and knowing how I'm struggling with sequencing my first megatree;   Wouldn't it be easier for sub guy to make a 16 strand tree with his pixiecard, using channels 1-16, pixels 1-50 for them.  Using the visualizer for that only of course.  Then doing the start independently; using 2 of the channels but pixels 51-100?   And then syncing them up in SE?      That way he could either get a 'shared' sequence or buy some, and be able to incorporate them a little easier.   With a non-standard config, it seems like after going the fun of figuring out how to address them unless he uses instant tool he is in for a month of frustration trying to sequence, and time is running short.     I wimped out and am just going a dumb globe this year to keep the 'star' simple as this is so complicated. But by going 16 strands on the tree, I'm at least that will look good from the sequences I've acquired.

Just a thought........  probably silly.

I have a silly question; reading this thread, and knowing how I'm struggling with sequencing my first megatree;   Wouldn't it be easier for sub guy to make a 16 strand tree with his pixiecard, using channels 1-16, pixels 1-50 for them.  Using the visualizer for that only of course.  Then doing the start independently; using 2 of the channels but pixels 51-100?   And then syncing them up in SE?      That way he could either get a 'shared' sequence or buy some, and be able to incorporate them a little easier.   With a non-standard config, it seems like after going the fun of figuring out how to address them unless he uses instant tool he is in for a month of frustration trying to sequence, and time is running short.     I wimped out and am just going a dumb globe this year to keep the 'star' simple as this is so complicated. But by going 16 strands on the tree, I'm at least that will look good from the sequences I've acquired.

Just a thought........  probably silly.

I decided to just go with the 16 dedicated to the tree and I'll use incans on my star using the star I built in the picture. I still have to wrap it with the lights. 572daeb3d25842660c9650cce0a0c68d.jpg

Sub-guy,  nice; that is clean, simple and appears to be fairly cost to test out.   I'm planning on just doing a simple globe with Incan but what you did is very clever; and now is giving me pause to rethink it.     

Sub-guy,  nice; that is clean, simple and appears to be fairly cost to test out.   I'm planning on just doing a simple globe with Incan but what you did is very clever; and now is giving me pause to rethink it.     

I got the idea from another. $5 in dowels, $6 in lights and some leftover black spray paint. 100 on outer, 50 on middle, and 30 lights on the interior. I'll send a finished pic tomorrow.

Almost done 111585d1ae828ee750353ece00672e94.jpg