Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches in a Sequence

Sctiger

Since I'm constantly thinking about my light show (and not to mention since I'm bored at work!), I've been looking at some sequences to purchase. I've noticed that most of these sequences include several arches, which I do not currently have in my show.  I was wondering what the "arch" part of the sequence would look like if I instead used it for my mini trees. Would it have the same flow or should I just ignore that part of the sequence?

A lot of arch sequences involve chases.  Mini trees would look good with an arch chase.  I've done it.  Just copy and paste to your mini tree section and view your visualization and see how it looks.  If you don't like it don't use it.  Make some of your own chases if you don't like it.

• Like 1

Hi Sctiger,

The arches are made for 8 channels per arch so if your mini trees are solid colors and you have 8 or 16 of them they'll look real good. But if you have say 4 mini trees with 4 colors still equaling 16 total channels the effects may look choppy. If you had your 4 mini trees assigned by color then by number the effect may look good. This way if the effect is a normal chase from channel 1 to channel 8 of arch one then channel 1 to channel 8 of the second arch you're trees would chase all first color 1 to 4 then back to the one and chase second color 1 to 4 and so on. If the arch effect starts in the middle of the arch and/or at both bottoms and chases to the opposite the trees probably wouldn't look too good, again choppy and bouncing back and forth from tree to tree.

The other thing to remember is even though they were sequenced for arches you could have 2 groupings of 8 of anything and use them. Those arch sequences could be used on candy canes lining a driveway or snowflakes hanging from gutters etc. Or as you mention, just ignore them. :P

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck!

Al

• Like 1

most but not all archs use 8 channels. Many use 7 channels so they can start something centered without having to start with 2 sections of the acrh to be in the center, especially like if you want to start in the center and then go out each direction or start on each end and end in the center or pass in the center as a effect. Best things is like was said earlier, make some using your trees instead of archs, run your visualizer and get a idea how it looks to you. What someone else likes may not be what you like. Do something and play with it to make something you like.

asfor as somehting looking choppy... that kinda depends on how yo fade it off and how long you have the effect to last as to if it looks kinda choppy or not.. fading on and off etc. you can get the basic idea from smooth archs and modify and change it by fading on and off and get entirely different effects from basically the same timing.

• Like 1