Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple show builder

Peter B

Hi All,

Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I click on "simple show builder" it brings the box up their are no files whatsoever just blank both sides. I have musical sequences stored and ready to go.

All help greatly appreciated.

Pete :?

Peter B wrote:

Hi All,

Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I click on "simple show builder" it brings the box up their are no files whatsoever just blank both sides. I have musical sequences stored and ready to go.

All help greatly appreciated.

Pete :?

Anybody?

Pretty please :D

In LOR 2, it will only show those songs saved in the sequences folder in Light-O-Rama. If you sequences are stored elsewhere, either move them or just us the regular show editor.

iresq wrote:

In LOR 2, it will only show those songs saved in the sequences folder in Light-O-Rama. If you sequences are stored elsewhere, either move them or just us the regular show editor.

Does this also apply to LOR1 I have just looked into the 'C' drive, programs folder, Lightorama, and their is no folder named sequences. Do I have to make a folder with that name?

Thanks

Pete.

I have not used SSB so this is just a suggestion. If the sequence editor is open, close it. Now open the sequence editor and then choose File -> Open. The folder that is being browsed when you do that is most likely the default sequence folder and that is where you may need to have your sequences so that SSB will find them.

tom.

hobbes wrote:

I have not used SSB so this is just a suggestion. If the sequence editor is open, close it. Now open the sequence editor and then choose File -> Open. The folder that is being browsed when you do that is most likely the default sequence folder and that is where you may need to have your sequences so that SSB will find them.

tom.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your input, but it doesn't show a folder in this at all on this application, only files you want to load.

Pete.

What I was describing was only to find out what the default folder that the sequence editor uses which is probably the same folder that the sequences need to be in for the Simple Show Builder. Once you know the default folder, move some sequences into it and see if they appear in the Simple Show Builder.

tom.

I installed SSB to better understand how it works. When you get to the screen that allows you to choose the files to add to your show there are 3 options at the bottom of that window: '16 Channels', '32 Channels' and 'All Files'. Make sure you have 'All Files' selected.

tom.

hobbes wrote:

I installed SSB to better understand how it works. When you get to the screen that allows you to choose the files to add to your show there are 3 options at the bottom of that window: '16 Channels', '32 Channels' and 'All Files'. Make sure you have 'All Files' selected.

tom.

Tom really appreciate your help, I have also tried that to no avail. I have even tried a full wipe and reinstall of LOR, still no joy. It really bugs me when something don't work.

Obviously it's with me not LOR

Pete.

No, not at all. If I go into the main LOR folder on the C drive I have the LOR core components with two proper brown folders one being, Samples & the other Firmware

Pete.

No, not at all. If I go into the main LOR folder on the C drive I have the LOR core components with two proper brown folders one being, Samples & the other Firmware

Pete.

hobbes wrote:

Not sure what could be wrong. You may want to use the regular show editor unless someone else has suggestions.

Good luck,

tom.

Tom,

As I said before, many thanks for your help. Great to know people from all over the world are at hand.

Pete :D

I've not used the SSB but a few times, and it's been quite a while ago.

From my tinkering today it seems as if the SSB is going to look in your default directory for your sequences. What's the easiest way to determine your default directory? Open your Sequence editor, and click "Open" and see what directory you are in.

This is the directory that the SSB is going to read from.

In order for a file to show up in the 16/32 sections, they must end with _16 or _32. So, JingleBells.lms would become JingleBells_32.lms. Of course, you could simply select "All files" and it would appear there.

If all of this fails, then I would suspect that you have a registry setting out of whack. I would suggest contacting support@lightorama.com for further assistance.

It sounds like your installation (registry) is messed up. I recommend that you do the following:

Stop all LOR programs including the control panel.

Run the regwipe program http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORRegistryWipe.exe

Start the LOR Control panel and it will reset the Registry Entries.

Once this has all taken place make sure that the sequences are all saved in the default folder. Also make sure that the audio still works in the sequence editor. You may need to reset the audio file by clicking Edit->Audio File and re-selecting the correct audio file for that sequence.

We are not sure why the registry gets messed up but it does sometimes. The SSB relies on the files being in the default location and if they are not there then you cannot find them.

LightORamaDan wrote:

It sounds like your installation (registry) is messed up. I recommend that you do the following:

Stop all LOR programs including the control panel.

Run the regwipe program http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/LORRegistryWipe.exe

Start the LOR Control panel and it will reset the Registry Entries.

Once this has all taken place make sure that the sequences are all saved in the default folder. Also make sure that the audio still works in the sequence editor. You may need to reset the audio file by clicking Edit->Audio File and re-selecting the correct audio file for that sequence.

We are not sure why the registry gets messed up but it does sometimes. The SSB relies on the files being in the default location and if they are not there then you cannot find them.

Dan,

Your a STAR :) Done as you said working perfect now. This is what I call support.

Many thanks to all who helped and gave guidence.

Very Happy Pete :);):D!!!!!!!!!