Light-O-Rama Forums

Saving sequences and music

lstewartff

Do I have to save sequences and music in the Light O Rama folder for a show to work properly, or can I save them in a folder that I make?

Hi Lstewartff,

I'm almost certain you have to save it where LOR defaults because, again pretty sure, the software looks in the LOR files/folders when playing the sequence during the show you set up. I've never tried it but I guess you could make a copy to another folder you indicate but the show looks for sequences stored in the LOR sequence folder and uses the audio that is in LOR audio.

If I'm not 100% correct others will correct me but I'm pretty sure the above is the way LOR works as far as folders and their purpose.

Later,

Al

You can put them any where you want, as long as you tell the show player where to find them.  Most of us organize them in some manner that makes sense to us.  For example, I do essentially all my sequencing in SuperStar.  I create folders for each year in the SuperStar\Sequences folder. Same thing in the \Sequences folder.  I create a folder for each event - example: Halloween 2016 and Christmas 2016 for this year.

In the Simple Show Builder they must be in the default LOR folders as there is no way to search for them. Show Editor you can put them anywhere.

Good point Mr. P about the Simple Show Builder.  I've always used the the Show Editor, and did not even think about that SSB limitation.

Show Editor {computer runs shows} or the Hardware Utility {MP3 Director to run shows} you can search anywhere for the show sequences, so they can be ANYWHERE you want.    Only the SSB requires you to have them in the default SEQUENCES directory to find them and then they have to be in the ROOT directory for SSB to see them.     And is why I never use the SSB, not only is it limited in that fashion, it is also limited in the time settings to run your show, it only does on the hour or half hour, ex. 6:00pm or 6:30pm start times and same for end times, 8:00pm or 8:30pm, but if you have a show that runs 32  minutes, 35 minutes, 45 minutes or longer, the SSB is pretty much useless.   The Show Editor is more versatile because you can select times right down to the second or less if you need to do that.   No time limitations and sequences can be on any drive on your computer anywhere with Show Editor,  SSB will just leave you in the dark in these respects.

Thanks for the info guys. I noticed that about the SSB and I hooked up lights to my controller today and played with it. Since this is my first year it was amazing watching the lights flash with the music. I am just use 16 channels and hopefully next year I can purchase more controllers.