Light-O-Rama Forums

Help: Can't Get CCF's to Run

GeekDadKen

I must be doing something stupid, because this should be easy.

I have three CCFs. They show up in the Hardware Utility. I've given them IDs 15, 16, and 17. I can control them in the Hardware Utility just fine on my network.

I've set them up in a Pixel Editor preview as Smart RGB devices with single pixels, using IDs 15, 16, and 17, each with just channels 1-3 to cover the RGB signals. They won't run when I play a sequence (Control Lights is on, and everything else is working fine).

I've tried, as a fall back, setting them up as RGB devices in the Sequence Editor in just the same way, and they won't run.

I have the PRO license. I'm running four CCB100s, two CCR150s, and a CMB24D on the same network without problem, and there are no channel conflicts.

Anyone have any ideas? I appreciate your help, thanks!

The CCF is old enough that it won't run on an enhanced LOR network. A firmware update to the CCFs may be able to fix that.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Yes as K6ccc mentioned I had a similar problem and needed to update the firmware on my 10w floods to get them to recognize the enhanced network.  Also ensure you have your control panel running when attempting to run the device in Pixel editor and ensure you have selected Pixel Editor as your sequencing method when you built the prop in the preview. 

Thanks for all the suggestions - I'll work on these ideas as soon as the rain lets up. Of course, this morning I start up to try the firmware fix and get a "Poll Error 41" error as well, which seems to be a CCF-specific problem. So, first I'm going to start by unplugging all but one of the CCFs, and see if I can get the HU to recognize it, so I can do the firmware. ::sigh:: technology.

SOLVED!

Okay, this solution has two parts. There was the root problem, and the "why did that happen?" problem that both had to be solved.

First I had to solve the "why did that happen" problem because, suddenly, I was getting that pesky Poll Error 41 note that meant I couldn't even get the CCFs up on the Hardware Utility. I ended up having to run the hardware reset sequence suggested elsewhere, which required taking the back plates off, turning dip switch 12 on, powering on, powering off, turning dip switch 12 back off, replacing the back plate, and then powering back on. I had to do this for all three units. Somehow between them being visible to the network yesterday, and then not today, something had gone wrong. This fixed it.

Then, the root problem was solved by updating the firmware on each of them (thanks for that, everyone!). I has wrongly ASS-u-me'd that since I'd bought them this year, they would come up-to-date, and because they showed up as "unknown devices" in the Hardware Utility, I had no idea what firmware they were running on. 

So, all problems solved and Halloween will go on as planned. THANKS FORUMS!

• The topic was locked