Light-O-Rama Forums

Modifying nodes for longer smart rgb ribbon

asl9622

Ladies and gentleman,

I have combined a full smart rgb ribbon strand with a small portion to complete a part of the outline of my house. The full strand is 50 nodes and works great. However when I attach the extra strand it does not go the whole way. I figured I need to modify either my configuration on the board or in my preview. What changed need to be made and how do I count bodes? I am in aLOR environment. My strands are not where each pixel can be controlled but rather in groups of 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To give you an example the unit Id is 6 for the strand and I believe the channels were 1-150 however in my preview it is 50 nodes. 

10 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

What are you programming in SE Pe. superstar.   And how many pixels did you add to first string 

I am using pixel editor. The effects are working just not over the whole length of the strand. The set up I have is a three foot section of one strand preceding a full strand. The effect works great across the small portion and the majority of the full strand. The effect cuts off the exact length of the piece I added on. Therefore in my drunken state I feel the configuration in the pc needs to be modified to account for the extra nodes and length. All my strands are set to 50 nodes. I figure I need to make an adjustment to account for the additional nodes. Problem is I do not know what constitutes a node. I tried increasing the value to 70 in the pixel editor preview but still not change. Maybe I need to configure the board in the id settings

Edited by asl9622
Additional onfo

The 2811 strip has 50 pixels.  But 3 LEDs per node.  See the cut strips. Copper colored strip between strips is one node each strand that's on your house should have the exact amount if you connected the short strip to the long strip you would have one strip 70 pixels long first pixel start address is1.  End address is 210.   If strips are not connected but side by side.  First strip starts at address 1 ends channel 150.  Next strip starts at channel 151 ends at 210 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asl9622 said:

Thanks Dennis that makes sense. Do I make the change in the board configuration?

You will need to check the board configuration - see the Pixel Port Setup tab. More information is available in the help page:

http://www.lightorama.com/help/pixcon16_configuration.htm

You will also need to change the prop definition in your Pixel Editor preview to reflect the new pixel count on that string.

Matt

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the information. I took the left over portion of the strip that I had cut for extra stand. I counted there were 36 nodes still available. However when I went into configuration to make the change, I noticed that I cannot exceed 170 pixels in the LOR environment. Therefore the extra strand cannot attached anyways as that is 192 pixels. I will just have to use another port for the little strand. I just hate to waste a port for such a small piece. Thanks again for all the help.