Light-O-Rama Forums

Music file

James Colvin

My music has the file extension "MP3" and when i try to tie it to my sequence the program tells me that is not a valid file.  I open the music with Window Media and it plays fine.  I can play the sequence in a show and the lights work perfectly.  However, I can't get the music and the sequence to play together with the LOR show.  What am I doing wrong.  this problem started when I got my new computer.  Anyone know what to do to solve my concern?

Dumb question. Windows by default hides the extension of filenames. If this is the case, it may show as something.mp3 and in reality be something.mp3.another_extension.

Make sure it Really is an mp3 file.

BTW, this is a "feature" in a new Windows installation that I immediately defeat.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, James Colvin said:

My music has the file extension "MP3" and when i try to tie it to my sequence the program tells me that is not a valid file.  I open the music with Window Media and it plays fine.  I can play the sequence in a show and the lights work perfectly.  However, I can't get the music and the sequence to play together with the LOR show.  What am I doing wrong.  this problem started when I got my new computer.  Anyone know what to do to solve my concern?

In your windows explorer under "Tools" on the menu bar, go to "Folder options" and click the "view" Tab.  About 1/4 of the way down, uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types" box and hit "Apply" in the lower right corner.  Now all the file extensions will show up in any of the folders you view.