Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR in stand alone mode

audihere

I've been using Pixel Editor to generate some effects for my 75 pixel (1 and a half CCR's) arch.

I haven't been successful in ever getting one of the CCR modules to operate in stand alone mode.

I opened my .las file in Sequence Editor and saw 1 minute of the effects I placed with Pixel Editor and saved it.

Using Control Panel I downloaded the .las file to CCR ID #1 (see attached image).

But I don't get any lighting at power up.  I must be doing something wrong.

Also, will it be possible to upload the sequence file to ID #1 and then have it communicate to ID #2 (second portion of arch) with cat5 cable in stand alone mode?

Capture7.JPG

First did you save the intensity data file and second do you have control lights checked?

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I had control lights checked in Pixel Editor when I want to see the actual lights working controlled by Pixel Editor.

I didn't save an intensity data file??

Sorry.  Stand-alone mode for all of our controllers is designed for small non-complex animations.  You can not load Intensity Data into a controller as a stand alone program (which is what PE is generating).  

You will need create the sequence as a LAS (with no intensity data) in the Sequence Editor, or use an MP3 director (even if it is just an animation).

4 hours ago, SPaschall said:

No I was talking about the test mode in the HU.

Yes, in the HU I can light the CCR's red, green, blue, white etc.

2 hours ago, DevMike said:

Stand-alone mode for all of our controllers is designed for small non-complex animations.

Does this mean I cannot have a multi-CCR arch timed together in stand alone mode?

2 hours ago, DevMike said:

You will need create the sequence as a LAS (with no intensity data) in the Sequence Editor...

Could you please give me some steps to use to take RGB pixels animations created in Pixel Editor and get them to work in stand alone mode for the CCR?  I've never been able to get stand alone mode to work at all on these.

54 minutes ago, audihere said:

Does this mean I cannot have a multi-CCR arch timed together in stand alone mode?

From the CCR User Manual: "Stand-alone sequence storage can hold approximately 10,000 commands. These commands can also be for controllers other than this controller, so this controller can direct a network of controllers. There are no restrictions on the types of LOR controllers in this network. "

55 minutes ago, audihere said:

Could you please give me some steps to use to take RGB pixels animations created in Pixel Editor and get them to work in stand alone mode for the CCR?

This is not supported. You must create stand-alone sequences using the Sequence Editor only.

Matt

17 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

This is not supported. You must create stand-alone sequences using the Sequence Editor only.

I just can't catch a break.  

I haven't tried using Sequence Editor much.  Can I create neat CCR animations using it?  I thought Pixel Editor was my go to for doing that.

9 minutes ago, audihere said:

I haven't tried using Sequence Editor much.  Can I create neat CCR animations using it?  I thought Pixel Editor was my go to for doing that.

Before the Pixel Editor was invented, even before Super Star, we managed to program "neat CCR animations" just fine using the Sequence Editor.

• Like 1

Just now, George Simmons said:

Before the Pixel Editor was invented, even before Super Star, we managed to program "neat CCR animations" just fine using the Sequence Editor.

OK, I'll try using it tonight.  Any tips for getting started?

LOR has a bunch of excellent vids that you can access from links near the top of this page.

But first, make sure you have a good understanding of what RGB channels are, and how to work with them.

59 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Or SuperStar.

audihere,

However note that with multiple CCRs, it will not take all that much to exceed the stand alone memory in whatever controller you are using for stand alone mode.  Does not mean it can't be done, but you may well be limited in how involved you can get.  In your case with 75 pixels, that's 225 channels, so eating up 10,000 commands could go quickly.

In an unrelated note, you might want to refine the location in your profile.  "CA" does not entirely narrow it down.  Could be California, or Canada, or maybe someplace else.  In either case, that's a very large area.  Helpful when someone is trying to assist your or go visit your show.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Or SuperStar.

I have the SuperStar software.  I was trying to search for some video tutorials for working with CCR's in Sequence Editor but the results were coming up with SuperStar Sequence Editor.

I've been hoping I can get this working in stand alone mode, but haven't been able to get stand alone mode to ever work, probably because I'm uploading the wrong, or an empty file to the controller.

Now it seems like Pixel Editor is completely useless to me if I want to use stand alone mode?  Or should I use it to create the prop, and then try to program the lighting using SuperStar Sequence Editor?

I updated my location info.  California was what CA meant.

I keep thinking I'm making progress on this but then find myself hitting more obstacles which is extremely discouraging.

I don't have any other types of LOR lights besides four strings of CCR's and their controllers.

I've spent all my time trying to learn Pixel Editor thinking that was what I should use.

It's sounding like I'll need to hook a computer to my 75 pixel arch.  Which program should I be using to create my "show"??  I tried exporting a PE intensity file tonight for the first time, but couldn't tell how/what I should do with it in another program like Sequence Editor.

24 minutes ago, audihere said:

Which program should I be using to create my "show"??  I tried exporting a PE intensity file tonight for the first time, but couldn't tell how/what I should do with it in another program like Sequence Editor.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the help file within the software.  It explicitly states how the Pixel Editor and SE work together.  All sequencing must be completed "through" the sequence editor, as the .lms file is the file that is referenced inside your shows and schedulers.  When the .lms file is played (through SE, show player, etc.), it also plays the associated files (PE Intensity Data and SS Intensity Data) alongside of the .lms file -- even if there is no lighting commands inside the .lms file -- as you are suggesting.

Your workflow would look like this:

1. Create sequence in the Sequence Editor.
  2. Open sequence in Pixel Editor.
  3. Program in Pixel Editor.
  4. Export Intensity Data (saves .pe.lid file in same directory next to your .lms file)
  5. Play sequence from Sequence Editor, or Show Player.

Great, thank you for that info!  I noticed all my test files I've been using in Pixel Editor are .LAS, not .LMS, is this OK?

Does Sequence Editor just automatically find/load the intensity files with the same file name at the .LMS?

I haven't seen my CCR's light up ever when using Sequence Editor, is there something special I need to do besides have both the .LMS and intensity file in the same folder?