Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple PC.

Shamusseven

Just a quick question.  Can I load the LOR software on 2 different pc's.  Would like to work on one and leave the other hooked up for the show but not sure if I can use the same license on 2 different computers.  

yes you can! Like saxon mentioned 5 computers with one license. I run the software on 3 computers, my wife and I both write sequences on separate laptops and we run the show on a third.

If you change computers over the years you can also email LOR support and they will remove old computers from your license so you can load it onto new machines

If you run out of seats, open a ticket with the LOR Help desk.  They don't remove an old computer from the list, they just add available seats to your license.  If you can give them a list of computers that have gone away and what is actually there, it might simplify the process.  Over the years, I have had to do so either two or three times, and never had a problem.  Right now I have the LOR software active on four computers, and when I have time I want to add it to my server so that during non Christmas season when I'm only running the landscape lighting show, I can have the server run it rather than having the show computer running year round.