Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about Ready to Go sequences

Sctiger

I'm starting to feel the pressure increase to get things finished so I'm going to have to buy a couple of sequences.  I understand that the "Ready to Go" sequences can't be modified or channels reassigned, but would I be able to copy and paste into a new sequence if for some reason it doesn't work with my current set up? If I can avoid it, I really don't plan on buying the same sequence twice! lol

2 hours ago, Sctiger said:

I'm starting to feel the pressure increase to get things finished so I'm going to have to buy a couple of sequences.  I understand that the "Ready to Go" sequences can't be modified or channels reassigned, but would I be able to copy and paste into a new sequence if for some reason it doesn't work with my current set up? If I can avoid it, I really don't plan on buying the same sequence twice! lol

If you don't have the exact configuration as in the example, buy You Can Modify sequences. If you don't follow the 4x4 rule (4 channels for each prop/element, and four elements/props for each controller), it won't look right without a little modification.

6 hours ago, Sctiger said:

I understand that the "Ready to Go" sequences can't be modified or channels reassigned ...

This is incorrect.  With the "Ready to Go" sequences you cannot access, modify, or copy/paste the sequencing, but you CAN assign your own channels.  The sequence would be totally useless if you couldn't do that.

I've only purchease "singing face" sequences from a few ebay'ers, holidaycoro and holiday sequences, and all allow me to edit.  A lot of people "share" their sequences, which you can then edit/copy/paste from.  Have a few songs in mind, start a post with what you're looking for and your email address to send sequences to.  Don't worry about needing x number of channels...you'll have to customize to fit your disaply elements anyway.  I filled out the buik of most of my singing sequences by copy/pasting from shared sequences.

2 hours ago, George Simmons said:

This is incorrect.  With the "Ready to Go" sequences you cannot access, modify, or copy/paste the sequencing, but you CAN assign your own channels.  The sequence would be totally useless if you couldn't do that.

Did this change from recent versions? Looking at protected sequences that I've generated for clients in the past, I can't change the controller/channel.

Protected sequences are protected.  The only thing you can do is change the media file.  Everything else is encrypted and locked.

Thanks for all the help! Unfortunately whoever built my house 100 yrs ago and planted the trees in my yard wasn't thinking about Lightorama or the 4x4 method. (pssh...amateurs!). It sounds like to avoid even more stress the "Ready to Go" just won't work for me. 

Welllllll...  Here's the thing.

That's the way we 'program' them, but really no one is going to notice if you don't decorate 4x4! :)

Sure, 4x4 would be the right way, but trust me - NO visitor is going to know that you took a 4 channels that were supposed to be 1 thing and put them on 4 things with 1 channel (or 2x2)!   All they are going to see is blinky lights and they'll go WOW!

14 minutes ago, DevMike said:

That's the way we 'program' them, but really no one is going to notice if you don't decorate 4x4! :)

You obviously haven't met my wife. ?

Seriously, you make a valid point. So I appreciate you putting me right back at square 1. ? lol

Sctiger

Just like Emmiemlightfan said, purchase you can modify sequences, they are easy to modify.

Keith

Sorry.  I was under the belief that only the sequencing is protected.  I agree - purchase the you can modify version.

Purchase the sequences from Holiday Sequences, they can be modified and you can rearrange the channels anyway you wish.