Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixels flicker

kzaas

Here is the setup. I am using numerous 2811 RGB pixels both 5VDC and 12VDC being controlled by numerous E682 controllers and a PC. I run the network on my home network with the show PC in the garage having its own network switch. That network switch is plugged into the main router in the house for internet access. Also plugged into the switch is the show PC, and the E682 controllers. With this configuration the RGB pixels flicker off approximately once per second. if I unplug the switch from the router then the flicker goes away. Now I know this can cure my problem but that is not the proper way to cure a problem. I had this same problem last year and not having the PC plugged into the home network caused other issues which I cannot recall what they were right now.

Is anyone experiencing this issue? Does anyone know the proper solution to this issue?

Thank you for listening, any suggestions are appreciated.

Ken

I am not sure it is the proper way to do it, but I have 2 network controllers in my show pc. One network for the internet and 1 network for all of my 682 controllers. Works great that way.

I'm with Doug, I have the E1.31 on a separate LAN.  The only computers that have access to the 131 LAN are the show computer and the server (because one of these days I want to see if LOR will run under Windows Server 2012 R2 which will allow me being able to keep the show computer off when only the landscape lighting is running.  Here are a few questions:

Are you running your E1.31 traffic via unicast or multi-cast?

How many universes are being carried via E1.31?

Are you running WiFi on your home LAN?

+ 1 for the separate network card just for the E 1.31 traffic. Less than 20 bucks for a Gigabit  Ethernet card.

I Found the problem to my flickering RGB lights. First off I am going to set up a separate network card for the E 1.31 network just to keep the traffic separate. But the problem was that I have a show PC and a sequencing PC. BOTH PC's were running LOR COMMLISTENER and trying to talk to the same devices causing conflicts. I shut the LOR control panel off on the sequencing PC and the show PC stopped flickering the RGB lights. I will need to run the control panel and commlistener on the sequencing PC if I want to use the visualizer to display the RGB lights during programming so if I have the actual E 1.31. network separate I should not have this conflict anymore.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, the problem is corrected.

• The topic was locked