Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb question about pixels

zvacman

I've got a pretty decent grasp on pixels.  I am outlining my roofline with them by mounting them to PVC pipe and snapping them into clips attached to my facia. My house design and controller placement is requiring me to run them in different directions.  Am I wrong in thinking that the controllers send out the data packs to the entire string and each pixel takes whatever information belongs to it? Let's say I want to create a chase that goes across the entire front of my house starting left to right. The first 100 pixels are numbered  100 (far left) to 1 (far right). The next universe is fed from left to right 1-100. So I would sequence the chase starting at universe 1 channel 100 to channel 1 and then universe 2 channel 1 to channel 100? I think I'm right but would love to hear it from an experienced pixel artist before I get all of these mounted, and the plugs soldered on.

Thanks in advance, Z

Your controller should have a reverse feature in the settings. You can make the furthest pixel from the controller #1 and the closest #100 if it makes things easier to sequence.

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Your controller should have a reverse feature in the settings. You can make the furthest pixel from the controller #1 and the closest #100 if it makes things easier to sequence.

Good call, didn't think about that. I'll check it out this week. I'm running full out on attaching square pixel strings to pre cut and labeled PVC pipes.

Thanks, Z