Light-O-Rama Forums

Hard stop on sequence

Paducks

Hello, Once again my newbie status is showing through! I wanted to make a welcome message for our light show which I completed in the superstar and I just added the audio file which was successful. How to make it stop after 12 seconds? Do I wait to incorporate it into the sequence editor and then trim? Any help greatly appreciated!!

8 minutes ago, Paducks said:

Hello, Once again my newbie status is showing through! I wanted to make a welcome message for our light show which I completed in the superstar and I just added the audio file which was successful. How to make it stop after 12 seconds? Do I wait to incorporate it into the sequence editor and then trim? Any help greatly appreciated!!

I don't know if you can do it in SS but once you convert to an lms file you can change the total time.

If you want a 12 second sequence, you should have a 12 second audio file. Trim the audio using an audio editor of choice. Many here use the free program, Audacity for audio editing.

There is no ability to change the length of a file in SuperStar, it always makes the length be equal to the audio file. You can do what PhilMassey suggests and change the length  of the audio file using Audacity, or you can also change the length in the sequence editor. After opening the exported file in the sequence editor you can click on the Edit menu and select "Change Total Time".

So I exported the file and then edited the time in the sequence editor and when I placed my show it still ran the full length of the music instead of the 11 sec total that I cut it down too. I then downloaded and trimmed the song with audacity and placed it in super star sequencer and when I try to export it to sequence editor  as a stand alone CCR show for the 11 seconds as our welcome message the error I get back is "invalid end centisecond for last replacement event: 1200; channel is 1054 centiseconds". Help??!!!

The error you are getting indicates that the one or more of the effects goes beyond 11 seconds. Look to see if there are any effects that end beyond the 11 seconds. If there are, shorten them so they end before the 11 seconds.

If you continue to get the error email the .sup file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.