Light-O-Rama Forums

is there a way to change RGB seq. to regular seq. so I can use mini lights with iti

Old Sarge

Before you yell at me I have searched and cannot find the answer.

I was sent a shared seq that is made for RGB.

I use just regular lights. Is there a way to change the part I would like to use so I can copy paste it in my seq.

I do not use RGB, CCR etc. I just use regular lights. 

I have searched for the answer but may not be wording it right. Can anyone help me out??

Thanks.. 

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

added... I did find info about how to convert to RGB in the help index but nothing on how to convert from RGB back to regular lights.. 

Thanks for any help I can get.

Edited by Old Sarge
added info I found

Sarge, I don't have my computer with me so I'm just taking a stab here.

Just a couple questions...

Can you expand the pixel channel to show all three RGB channels and then copy those?

Did you try changing device (or adding device) in the channel config for the channels you are wanting to copy?

I'm sure there is an easy way to do this but without being at home, I'm not for sure what can or should be done.

Tom

You set up a sequence 5 minutes long you populate 50 RGB channels. Can you set up a track for just all the red channels then one for the green and one for the blue. You copy and paste what you want to break down into the RGB then you can pull what you need from the different colors. BobO has this already set up on his website you just need to download it. http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2011/ConvertRegularIntoRGB.zip. here's the link to what you need it will download

Edited by Ebuechner

thanks.. I will check out Bobs converter and also the other way to of opening and copy paste the color..

Thanks

56 minutes ago, Old Sarge said:

thanks.. I will check out Bobs converter and also the other way to of opening and copy paste the color..

Thanks

Let me know if you need more details using BobOs RGB conversion sequence. I've had to do what you're doing a few times so I have a little experience with it

ok, thanks Ebuechner.. I haven't checked it out yet haven't had time as still unpacking putting things away etc.

I moved to a different house so will be redoing most of my display and seq for Halloween and Christmas both.  Removing some things and adding some others, but most will still be usable that I have used from last year with just some minor changes.

also I added my version of a Axeworthy flying ghost to my display this year and have spent a lot of hours getting it fine tuned etc. so it stays on the pulleys for longer then just a couple minutes.

my Halloween scene is a grave yard, 16 tombstones each a diff channel, the 4 monster faces, some spot lights, pumpkins, skeleton heads etc. all lite individually and I use my archs from Christmas  more like fire poles set horizontally threw a tree for my simulated lightening etc. so am using 80 channels for Halloween.. and some of my stuff I need to change.

8 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

also I added my version of a Axeworthy flying ghost to my display this year and have spent a lot of hours getting it fine tuned etc. so it stays on the pulleys for longer then just a couple minutes.

my Halloween scene is a grave yard

Me too that Axworthy went through about 3 different iterations till I got the one that works well.  Gotta graveyard also plus all the other lights.  This is my first year doing  a Halloween show.  I did A LOT for this.  I'm throwing a Halloween birthday party for my daughter on th 29th. So this was the opportunity I needed so my wife didn't question me so much on all the things I got.  When ever she asked about what I got or how much,  I said it was for my  baby's B-day ( she's turning 17) and she said "well,  If it makes you happy that's all that matters"  Now if only  I can get a birthday for December so I can use the same line.... 

good deal... I had a boo boo and messed up one of my seq before making sure i had it backed up.. I will be looking for the HC monster faces now for Monster Mash.. I had it but somehow I messed it up and lost it.. I think the dog ate it.. I cant find it so will blame the dog..

I did get the RGB to reg lor working but the seq. I was sent whoever sent it I guess likes playing games... The channels are not matching what the seq controller and channel line up says it is... makes it really hard to try to get the 8 channel face working right when a mouth movement actually is eyes closed, another that says a mouth part is for the outline etc. and the names for the different mouth positions are not named right.. or in the same order as the HC set up is.

so people.... when you get something for free dont be surprised if they actually mess it up before sharing it just so it will be  alot more work for you especially when they do not include their vis file with it.

Took me like three days to get my version of the Axworthy Ghost working right. I do need to put a little larger pulley on it for the drive gear as I need it to actually go a little faster then it does but it is working and looks good.