Light-O-Rama Forums

Stacking layers - or not - when copying

k6ccc

I have noticed that sometimes if I copy a group of scenes or morphs, and then paste those somewhere else in the sequence, if the original source had elements that were on top of each other on the same layer, SuperStar will "fix" it and separate into individual layers and sometimes it will retain the original layering with elements overlapping.  I have never found any condition that will work one way or the other - although most of the time SuperStar will "fix" it for me.  There are times where having SuperStar separate the elements into separate layers is desired, there are also many times where I would much prefer that SuperStar paste the elements into the exact configuration that it started in - with elements overlapping on the same layer.  Is there a control, or trick to causing one particular behavior or the other?

This is a good question. The way to get superstar to paste the effects in the same position as when they were copied is to press the "shift" key while clicking on the paste button. Then after pasting, if you need to move them you can move them with the "nudge" buttons. This is something you would never know unless you ask.

It is also documented in the "Summary of Commands and Keyboard Accelerators" in the help file. If you only use one part of the help file, that is the part to use. It lists a lot of commands that you would never know.

• Like 1

Thanks Brian!

My issue is not that I don't read the docs (I generally do), it's remembering the parts that I don't regularly use.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android