Light-O-Rama Forums

Does Superstar have the ability to change intensity?

Idiotfiasco

Wasn't sure if I should ask here or in the CCR thread. 

In superstar, can you change intensity of a specific ribbon? I would like to build some sequences that have a solid color fade in or out, not just off or on. I searched the forums before asking and didn't see an answer.

I know in the hardware tool I can turn intensity up and down but don't see the option or ability in Superstar. Am I missing something?

There are color controls for Red, Green, and Blue. Each color control has a start intensity and an end intensity. You can set the start and end intensity to any value between 0 and 100. If you wanted to fade up from black to 50% red then you would set the start color to black (red=0, green=0, blue=0) and set the end color to 50% red (red=50, green=0, blue=0).

There is also a video tutorial on scenes and morphs that will help. Go to the lightorama main page, click on Support, then click on "Tutorials / PDFs". The superstar tutorials are near the bottom. The first superstar tutorial is on "scenes" and the second tutorial is on "morphs." Those two tutorials give a good introduction to the basic concepts of sequencing using superstar.

Thanks for the responses. I have watched the tutorials but they didn't touch on my specific question. I guess I thought the RGB setting were for color mixing and not intensity. I will try this out tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Idiotfiasco said:

Thanks for the responses. I have watched the tutorials but they didn't touch on my specific question. I guess I thought the RGB setting were for color mixing and not intensity. I will try this out tomorrow.

Follow Brian's directions, In the scene tutorial, the first video, about 3:30 minutes into it he fades a color to black. (I am going off memory so don't hold me to the exact time. )

It dawned on me that I think what you are referring to is that you want an "intensity control" that will increase or decrease all of the red, green, and blue values. In the standard color picker dialog box there is such a control.

At the top of the color controls in superstar there is a square which displays the "Main" start color and end color, and for morphs there is a "Tail" start color and end color. Do a right click on the square you want to set the color of and the standard color picker dialog box will appear. In that dialog box is a slide control on the right which is an intensity control. Set the color, click on "Ok" and the color will be set for the square that you clicked on.

Thanks again for the replies, I guess what I was looking for is an "intensity" setting where I can turn the light intensity or brightness of certain pixels up or down. The Hardware Utility has intensity settings but I didn't see them in Superstar. I think fading to black will have to work the same as 0% intensity.

It dawned on me that I think what you are referring to is that you want an "intensity control" that will increase or decrease all of the red, green, and blue values. In the standard color picker dialog box there is such a control.

At the top of the color controls in superstar there is a square which displays the "Main" start color and end color, and for morphs there is a "Tail" start color and end color. Do a right click on the square you want to set the color of and the standard color picker dialog box will appear. In that dialog box is a slide control on the right which is an intensity control. Set the color, click on "Ok" and the color will be set for the square that you clicked on.

If I'm building a 16 string 50 pixel per string tree plus 2 strings for the topper, which version of superstar should I buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the equivalent of 18 CCRs so you would need the 24 CCR license.

That many really? I went with the 8 CCR because it said that it could handle 1200 channels. Wouldn't mine work out to only 1000 channels?

Each pixel has a red, green, and blue element and requires 3 channels. One 50 pixel string is 3 x 50 = 150 channels.

The 8 CCR license will export 8 x 150 = 1200 channels as you mentioned

My understanding is that you have 18 strings and each string is 50 pixels. 18 x 150 = 2700 channels.

Ok thanks. So if I don't upgrade to that version what will happen to my pixels relative to my show?

With the 8 CCR license you will only be able to export 1200 channels. To be able to export you will need to make a visualization that has 1200 channels or less and then you can export it. If you have a visualization with more than 1200 channels you will not be able to export any of the channels.

Yea I just got that error and now the file I spent two hours creating loaded but is blank

You can click on the File menu and select "Save" and save your file even with free demo version. And you can save the file regardless of how many channels are in it.

You can also click on the File menu and select "Open" and open any file regardless of how many channels are in it and regardless of what license you have.

But you cannot do "Export to Sequence Editor" unless you have the appropriate superstar license.

Can you give details of how a file became blank? That should never happen.

You can click on the File menu and select "Save" and save your file even with free demo version. And you can save the file regardless of how many channels are in it.

You can also click on the File menu and select "Open" and open any file regardless of how many channels are in it and regardless of what license you have.

But you cannot do "Export to Sequence Editor" unless you have the appropriate superstar license.

Can you give details of how a file became blank? That should never happen.

Do you give face to face lessons? I'll be in frisco in two weeks and Allen doesn't look very far away. I built about 30 seconds of a song and clicked save probably 10 times along the way. Closed everything and shut computer down for lunch. When I came back I started it up and selected file then scrolled to the 1 location at the bottom since it was the last file I worked on. When it loaded everything I had done was not their.

It would probably be easier for me to remote into your computer. I can do that at no charge for the first 20 minutes, after that I charge $40.00 per hour.

Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and we can set up a day and time for me to remote into your computer.

I appreciate the offer but I'm not comfortable just letting anyone remote in

Dropping by my house will work also if you would prefer that. Send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com and we can setup a date and time.