Light-O-Rama Forums

What port should be for AUX A?

rhino

I have 2 networks:  Regular (COM5) and AUX A (None).  Both set for 115.4K speed.

I know the option to set the ports (Edit > Preferences > Network Preferences > LOR tab > ...).

However, I do not know what value to use for the AUX A network.  What should I set my AUX A port to?

For the Premiere Night, the show will be running from a laptop.  All other nights, it will be run from a Show Director.  There are 17 controllers on the Regular network, and there are 22 controllers on the AUX A.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

When using a laptop you will need TWO USB adapters in order to run two networks. I don't know what types of controllers you have, but you joined the forums long enough ago that it's possible you have older hardware in your display. This might introduce some problems later on, but let's go through things.

If you have all brand new equipment (G3, etc.) then you have nothing to worry about. If you have older equipment and are using any devices on a 'high speed' network (500k or higher) then you will have to keep the old and the new on separate networks.

Anyway ... the short answer to your question is that you'll put AUXA on which ever port your other USB 485 Adapter shows up on.

Keep in mind that the director (unless this has changed) hard codes AuxA as the 2nd network. If you choose multiple networks when writing your show to the SD card for the remaining of the season, be sure the 2nd network is configured for AuxA in your sequences.