Light-O-Rama Forums

Any ideas??? Pixel colors not correct

Scooch

All right. I isolated to power so that each strand is being fed by only one controller. The matrix is worse. 

There is also a random flicker of a couple lights occasionally  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scooch

• wbaker4

• Mr. P

• Dennis Laff

I have a pixcon, and had the same random flicker just by connecting one pixel string to an output.

Here is my video... 

LOR gave me a firmware update to try that fixed the random flicker.  Not sure what version they are up to now.

I am not using the pixcon in my setup this year.  Going with the SanDevice controllers.

I know you've done a lot of work chasing this problem from the controller to the pixels, but have you tried some of the simple things first like your Cat5 cable from the controller to the computer? In your video it looks like you have channels dropping out and shifting which will cause a shift in your image and color and it doesn't seem to be isolated to any one output . Just remember corrupt data in corrupt data out

1 minute ago, Ebuechner said:

I know you've done a lot of work chasing this problem from the controller to the pixels, but have you tried some of the simple things first like your Cat5 cable from the controller to the computer? In your video it looks like you have channels dropping out and shifting which will cause a shift in your image and color and it doesn't seem to be isolated to any one output . Just remember corrupt data in corrupt data out

I am running it in ELOR mode through the USB adapter. 

25 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

I have a pixcon, and had the same random flicker just by connecting one pixel string to an output.

Here is my video... 

LOR gave me a firmware update to try that fixed the random flicker.  Not sure what version they are up to now.

I am not using the pixcon in my setup this year.  Going with the SanDevice controllers.

I checked the firmware. I have V 1.4.8 which I believe is the most recent. 

1 minute ago, Scooch said:

I am running it in ELOR mode through the USB adapter. 

I'm not familiar with the board but the same thing applies if you have a bad cable going in you will have problems. If the board has an on-board testing does it work and render all the colors correctly? If it does you may be chasing the problem from the wrong end of the board. I just caught on to this thread from the third page maybe you've already checked this. I only say this because of a similar issue I had

59 minutes ago, Scooch said:

I checked the firmware. I have V 1.4.8 which I believe is the most recent. 

I was running 1.4.8 at the time I noticed the flickering.  I opened up a help desk ticket, and they gave me a version 1.4.9 that fixed the flickering.

8 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

I was running 1.4.8 at the time I noticed the flickering.  I opened up a help desk ticket, and they gave me a version 1.4.9 that fixed the flickering.

Thanks for the info. 

So, here is my progress. I had separated my power supplies so that they were powering separate strings with no power mixing. This made things worse. I was getting random flickering in the lights and the aberrant color bands were worse. I have since reversed what I did and am back to where I was.  The board test patterns were not working with the separated power now they are. On the off chance that the firmware was corrupt I reinstalled it with no change. I have opened up a ticket but, after initial responses from LOR and my response with additional info, I have not had much feedback. 

You said when you test colors in test mode all colors are correct if that the case then the problem is in you channel layout  .how many strings per port  and are you pixel packing ?

Not pixel packing  I am running 12!strings of 84 pixels with one fold in each string, yielding 24 rows of 42 pixels  

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update. I am still getting the aberrant color bands in the matrix. It appears that the lines happen when the color in the picture hits the far right column of pixels. 

That REALLY looks like data corruption to me.  

Can you please re-open your ticket on the help desk and ask that it be assigned to Mike.  Thanks.

Matt, I reopened the ticket. On a positive note, I seem to have found a work around for my problem. I made the first pixel in each string a null pixel and eliminated the last pixel of each string from the matrix config. This effectively shut off the entire right column. IT WORKS!!!!  I have no idea why this worked but it did. 

• The topic was locked