Light-O-Rama Forums

need help answering question about 4x4 sequencing

battchief

I have a 4 color light scheme.  Red Green Blue and White.  All the reds on my roof are connected together as are the rest of the individual colors.  So do I use channel 1-4 for the roof, then 5-8 for my arches and so on, as everything is set up the same as the roof with the exception of my icicles.  thanks for the advice

I have a 4 color light scheme.  Red Green Blue and White.  All the reds on my roof are connected together as are the rest of the individual colors.  So do I use channel 1-4 for the roof, then 5-8 for my arches and so on, as everything is set up the same as the roof with the exception of my icicles.  thanks for the advice

Yeas you would need 1 channel per color if you want them to blink at different times.

Just to be clear about the 4x4 sequencing, you are not talking about the sequences that you buy from LOR that are 4x4? Those are sequenced as four items in four groups.

Just to be clear about the 4x4 sequencing, you are not talking about the sequences that you buy from LOR that are 4x4? Those are sequenced as four items in four groups.

True...however if you have four colors on four objects...it still would work. I just don't know how it would look. I never purchased the preprogrammed songs

Just now, Scud2 said:

True...however if you have four colors on four objects...it still would work. I just don't know how it would look. I never purchased the preprogrammed songs

Yes, they would still work but you couldn't wire the four roof colors as 1-4 or they would all be on at the same time. Would have to wire 1, 5, 9, 13 to get the different colors at different times.

2 minutes ago, Scud2 said:

Oh yeah...got ya there. Each would follow in the similar sequence...1 5 9 12 and 2 6 10 13...

You got it, those 4x4 sequences turn on 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. That is why I wanted to clarify his meaning by 4x4 sequence.

On 10/14/2016 at 3:19 PM, battchief said:

I had planned to do just as you have. This poor man's answer to dumb pixels... but time got a way and I have not made the change. This is year 4 for me and this year should be the last with just multi-colored LED strands.
BTW, I do use the LOR 4x4 layout scheme and find it works great for me.  I have done most of my own sequecing and find the "logical" layout of the 4x4 works best for my mind, even with more than one controller and the multiple exceptions I have. 

Hope all goes even better than you expect!  Merry Christmas!