Light-O-Rama Forums

Youtube Videos of Lightorama

Christmas_nolagirl28

Hey everyone, 

So I just recorded our videos of our lightorama set up/display/show last night and uploaded them this morning to youtube. Now I've gotten the lovely videos up they can't be played in specific 170 countries because of copyright. I'm wondering how everyone else manages to get their lightorama videos up with music if we all use copyrighted music???

The songs I'm using include Hallowishes, Ghostbusters, and Harry Potter along with others I've mashed up into one massive song.

Here's what youtube says:

You have 2 copyright claims on your video. Viewing Restrictions: Video blocked in 170 countries, Unavailable on some devices. Monetization: 

Can't monetize video, Monetized by claimant

Edited by Christmas_nolagirl28

Yea youtube is notorious for that, I lost a few vids for that reason however my workaround is do not list the name of the song and if you do change the name a little bit for example Halloween would be weeny vid, oh and do not allow tags unless of course you use LightORama as the tag. allowing tags allows youtube to scan your vid for any similarities to tag too, this is where they detect your music.

Not a guaranty to protect your vids but for the most part it has worked for most of mine now.

Hope this helps.    

17 minutes ago, 75redman said:

If you edit the song so it does not match the original will often help.

Absolutely correct, 

27 minutes ago, Mr Grunts said:

Absolutely correct, 

Not sure I agree.  I've had the most problems with songs that I've edited. 

As explained to me by a music director at a radio station, many copyright holders consider editing a much more flagrant violation and are even more likely to come after those songs.

My advice is to dispute each one.  Almost all that I've disputed were put back up due to the copyright holder not following up on their initial claims in a timely manner.

• The topic was locked