Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Needed picking lights and decorations

ThatBigManWithLights

Below is a picture of the house that I just purchased. I am a young single guy with plenty of time on his hands a  little experience with LOR from last year. I am asking for any ideas for decoration designs and lights. 

I have one 2 16 channel controllers atm. Will look into more if I see a design that would require more. Atm I am thinking of one 12 channel mega tree and just lights on the windows, garage, and roofline.  What else could I do?

Any help greatly appreciated.

ISdsu60fkjb3d71000000000.jpg

Below is a picture of the house that I just purchased. I am a young single guy with plenty of time on his hands a  little experience with LOR from last year. I am asking for any ideas for decoration designs and lights. 

I have one 2 16 channel controllers atm. Will look into more if I see a design that would require more. Atm I am thinking of one 12 channel mega tree and just lights on the windows, garage, and roofline.  What else could I do?

Any help greatly appreciated.

ISdsu60fkjb3d71000000000.jpg

Great start. I line the driveway with little led trees from ebay. I also have a manger. I built 3 trees...Kinda small but one channel each. The arches however are cosmic color ribbon. Those are the highlight. When you outline...do the entire roof. That will be awesome. Good luck and inform us what you do!!! Here is a quick link.

The timing in the video is off because of the bit rate...that has been fixed.

Also are you in a warm temperature area? Outline the year is an option. I am from cleveland and we don't see much snow before January but we can see 4 or 5 inches at Christmas so that is not an option.

4 hours ago, Scud2 said:

Also are you in a warm temperature area? Outline the year is an option. I am from cleveland and we don't see much snow before January but we can see 4 or 5 inches at Christmas so that is not an option.

We may het 2 to 3 inches of snow.

I did an outline is Massachusetts this past year before I moved south, I built it out of 3/4" pvc 5-6" off the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did an outline is Massachusetts this past year before I moved south, I built it out of 3/4" pvc 5-6" off the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my display is off the ground. My first year I did an outline in my yard. I snow plow and I was doing my own yard. Had no where else to put it and had to ruin it. Lol. I stay about 4-5 inches off the ground now haha

Ive added house line and a small tree in the front. Im thinking this so far

Channel 1: Roof Line

Channel 2,3,4, Window sections

Channel 5 Garage

Channel 6 Door

Channel 7-14 8 channel mega tree

Leaves 2 channels on one box and 16 on the other. Any more ideas. I think I want to line driveway but what would i line driveway with.

Untitled.jpg

9 minutes ago, ThatBigManWithLights said:

Ive added house line and a small tree in the front. Im thinking this so far

Channel 1: Roof Line

Channel 2,3,4, Window sections

Channel 5 Garage

Channel 6 Door

Channel 7-14 8 channel mega tree

Leaves 2 channels on one box and 16 on the other. Any more ideas. I think I want to line driveway but what would i line driveway with.

Untitled.jpg

I would do 8 mini trees on each side of the driveway.  Leave the other 2 channels open as spares.

6 minutes ago, Scud2 said:

4-5 candy canes on either side of the drive would eat up the rest...

link to reasonable priced good looking candy canes?

1 minute ago, 75redman said:

I would do 8 mini trees on each side of the driveway.  Leave the other 2 channels open as spares.

link to reasonable priced good looking mini trees?

Just now, ThatBigManWithLights said:

link to reasonable priced good looking mini trees?

I was thinking make them out of tomato cages. 

are your 2 x 16 ch controllers the AC ones? What sort of lights are you planning on the roof and house outline?

I'd think of splitting the roof into 3 sections (left middle right) and reducing window to 2 (is the little half circle really required? Will that be a bit harder to attach lights to?)

most mega trees I've seen use either 12 or 16 channels, so maybe increase yours to 12? 

controller 1:

1,2,3 - roof

4,5 - window

6 - garage

7 - door

8,9,10,11 - mini trees

12 -16 -  ???

controller 2:

1-12 - mega tree

13,14,15,16 - mini trees

• Like 2

I agree with OzAz.

I might suggest some good flood lights...they're relatively inexpensive and they can pack a punch. Maybe that's 12-16?

You could also split up your garage into 2-3 sections for additional programming flexibility.

Another thing - from a compositional standpoint, you've chosen to outline the garage verticals - which is basically the two right vertical edges of the house. What if you outlined the remaining two on the left side to bring things into balance? You could forgo outlining the top of the garage door as it's so close to the roof, and the verticals would take up 4 channels.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like adding lots of mini trees on the roof... Tomato cages, and add lights for 1 or more channels, or use pixels on them. Lots of options there!

• 1 month later...

this what i have so far but im in  search of 4 more channels.

I was wondering also if anyone knew how to boost my fm transmitters range and power

15182552_10202243352923395_1921720451_o.jpg