Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP issue

gorichgo

So i hung both 50 pixel strand on my roofline and plugged that CCP (unit 3) into a regular 16 channel controller (unit 1) which is hooked up to my minidirector and fm transmitter.  My problem is only 1 strand is lighting up and the first pixel of the other strand is only blinking red.  Does anyone know what my problem is with the strand not lighting up?  And I tried it on 5 different songs.  I have the CCP set up as normal mode (1 unit id).

Thanks in advance for the help

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

First step is can you control both strings using the hardware utility?

I have not tried that but it worked fine when i directly connected them to my computer with the RS485.  I also added 3 meter extension cables after i hung them.  Could that be the issue? 

i plugged a different set of pixels into the controller with no extensions and they work fine.  The problem might be the extensions i purchased from seasonal entertainment.  i'll know for sure this weekend when i plug the controller back into the pixels on the roof without the extensions.

Ok, i plugged the controller directly to pixels and only the 1st bulb closest to the controller lights and but it stays red.  Any idea what the problem is?  If I can fix it this weekend would be great otherwise i need to call LOR Monday morning for a replacement.

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Is your address for the second string starting a channel 151

I plug other CCP and CCB strings and they all work fine.  Something is wrong with the one string.  the 1st bulb lights up red and stays solid red.  It won't change to any other color and the rest of the string doesn't light at all. 

• The topic was locked