Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Grouped Effects won't Display when Expanded

Ed K

I frequently group SuperStar effects to help organize and more easily move and use multiple effects.  This capability is very useful and makes sequencing a little more efficient.

Once in a while (like now), when I "expand" a group of effects, SuperStar does not show any of the effects in the timing group at the top of the sequencing screen.  The effects actually play, but they are not displayed in the timing group.  Therefore, I can't make any changes to the effects in the group.

I close and expand the group, and I  close and re-launch SuperStar.  Neither of these steps correct the problem.

Any tips for clearing up this problem?

I'm using SuperStar version 60_CCR v0.1607.10.

Sorry, apparently there is a bug that causes this, I have not been able to reproduce the problem and fix the bug that causes this to happen in the first place. If you find some steps that will reproduce the original cause of the bug let me know.

But right now you are looking for a workaround that will fix the problem for you. Have you tried "ungrouping" the effects and then "grouping" them again?

If that doesn't work email the .sup file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it

I copied four groups of effects into a second sequence.  It is in that second sequence that I'm unable to see the effects when I expand the group.  Not sure if  this "copy and paste" is causing the problem in the second sequence.  SS does display the effects when I expand each group in the original sequence.

In the second sequence, which contains the pasted groups, when I ungroup the group effects, the "group" bar goes away, but none of the effects are displayed in the timing grid at the top.  The effects "play" when I run the sequence, but I can't see them in the timing grid.

In the second sequence, ungroup the effects and then save the file, shut down superstar, open the file and see if the effects are there

7 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

In the second sequence, ungroup the effects and then save the file, shut down superstar, open the file and see if the effects are there

Ok, did this.  When I re-opened the sequence, the effects were back in the group,and would not display when I expanded the groups.

I will email you the sequence.