Light-O-Rama Forums

Video for Halloween Projection

Septon

Hey Guys, anyone have a good scary halloween projection video they can share?  I am thinking of having this outside in the field.... not sure how it will go, but if it doesn't work outside I will do the window again.

I would love to add projection to my LOR system but I can't figure it out. I have projection in my show but I have to turn the projector on and pick the video and then play it on a loop. How do you get the system to turn on and off the projector without screwing it up?

Being new to LOR and all are you wanting to share videos of your ghosts so I can play/ project from my projector onto my home.

All I have now is my 4 singing pumpkins and this would add another show on my home.

If you are offering such a file I will def like a copy.

Seems easy enough to incorporate it with one arm down due to surgery.

JR

Hey guys. I'm new to LOR. I have the digital files from atmosfx they are in mp4 format and i am trying to add them to my sequenses one per sequence. who do i get my projector to play the video files from my lor software?

Being new myself I am just going use my remote to start as needed.

The past few years I have done a scary theme and I have never had 1 trick or treater make it to my door.

This year I am using my LOR and singing pumpkin faces to get more traffic and I will start the projected scenes once the parents let the little ones go. (Scary for parents only)

Hello Haunter

Welcome to the forum ( and your new addiction). Those files you downloaded will not play in LOR, that type of MP4 that will only play the audio. A simple conversion to something like .wmv will do the trick. Then you will add that video to a sequence EXACTLY as you would add music to a sequence.

On a sepreate topic, I figured out how to get my Fog Machine hooked up to the LOR.  Super excited about that.  Just a cheap assed Walmart one.

1 minute ago, Septon said:

On a sepreate topic, I figured out how to get my Fog Machine hooked up to the LOR.  Super excited about that.  Just a cheap assed Walmart one

How did you do it?  My family wants me to add one to our display.

Just now, gorichgo said:

How did you do it?  My family wants me to add one to our display.

I purchased a Relay, took the case off the machine and un-hooked the Pressel Switch.  I wired the Pressel switch to the Relay, then hooked a 24 AC plug (common as hell) to the Relay.  Now via LOR I turn on and off the fog.  Giving it time to rego and I don't have to press the button (or more over convince my wife to as I often go with the kids, meaning she never does).  The pressel switch wires don't have to be hooked up in any particular order, nor does the 2 wires for the 24AC plug.

I would start simply by getting a relay, and I would buy the BASE for it too.  Above is the photo of the BASE (which I have wired too) and the Relay I plug into the base when wired up.

Then in LOR, I have 1.20 min to charge, 20 seconds power on 1.20min power off to charge 20 seconds on.  Works awesome.  I will now buy a few cheap Foggers after Halloween for next year.

relaysample.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

In the past I have just zip tied the switch down and have never had s problem and no mods required.

I hate you.  :-P   Simplicity never comes easy to me. :)

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, james morris said:

My Projector has a 1 Gig card built in it I load The videos in it it plays them in a loop

James, I get that but I can't seem to get around the projector turning off and then when it comes back on it's back on the main menu and not back on the video that I want to have running. I just can't seem to figure it out.