Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to Connect to Pixcon 16

Grinch

Using LOR 4.3.14 PRO

I have connected ethernet cable directly from PC to Pixcon 16.  So they are the only things connected on the network.   PC IP address is 192.168.0.2

I can Ping the Pixcon 16 and I see the address 192.168.0.50 (Network Scanner) No errors on Ping.  When I ping the Green Light on the Ethernet Port is ON and the Yellow light flashes showing acivity

Start LOR Network Config and Click on FIND/CONFIGURE Pixcon 16.  It searches then comes back with NO DEVICE FOUND

Tried with Windows 10 and XP no change.  Have Firewall turned OFF Tried having the COM LISTENER on 5568 by Default it was 8837

Green Light is Solid and Red light flashes.

I have tried  Pressing  the Factory IP when powering ON     No change

I have tried to reset the Board Holding Both Buttons Down             No Change

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Check your ip in the LAN properties.

PC IP address is 192.168.0.2

I can Ping the Pixcon 16 which is 192.168.0.50  

What do you want to know about the TCP/IP from the PC LAN properties? 

If all that is set properly and it still can't find the pixcon then you may have to submit a help ticket.

I don't know how much you know about networking, I just wanted to confirm that you were checking the ip address in the LAN properties.

Do you have it connected straight to the pc or through a router or hub? Mine is located through the router but not direct to pc connection. No idea why but I would recommend trying.

I had it connected direct from PC to card like the instructions suggested.  After connecting thru a Router I was able to connect

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I can tell you the likely reason just as an FYI..  To connect direct to another end device (no router or switch in between), you must use a cross over patch cable instead of a normal patch cable.  Without the intervening device to handle the crossover, the traffic path is in to in and out to out.  So nothing "moves'.  The router or switch handles the crossover traffic so that out goes to in for communication in both directions.

you can find the crossover patch cables at most computer enthusiast stores, just make sure you mark  or otherwise identify it so you don't try to use it instead of a normal Ethernet cable for connections to/from the router or switch.

Edited by cyendrey

2 minutes ago, cyendrey said:

I can tell you the likely reason just as an FYI..  To connect direct to another end device (no router or switch in between), you must use a cross over patch cable instead of a normal patch cable.  Without the intervening device to handle the crossover, the traffic path is in to in and out to out.  So nothing "moves'.  The router or switch handles the crossover traffic so that out goes to in for communication in both directions.

Actually that is largely no longer true.  The vast majority of LAN devices made in the last few years will auto-crossover.  The manual for the Pixcon states that it can be used with a straight through cable directly to a computer.  This would imply that it will auto-crossover.

• The topic was locked