Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop Setup

dl20415

How many networks are you running? I had the exact same issue last year. When I tried testing my ccp's one of the strings would blink and the color was off. I was running three networks last year but when testing the ccp's I only had one USB adapter plugged into my computer. For whatever reason when I plugged in my other two adapters during testing of the ccp's they then worked perfectly. I never understood why the ccp's would not work correctly unless all adapters were being used but it fixed the issue. It's worth a try. Also the second string would test fine until I tried playing the sequence then the second string would blink and the colors would be way off.

Edited by ebrown1972

How many networks are you running? I had the exact same issue last year. When I tried testing my ccp's one of the strings would blink and the color was off. I was running three networks last year but when testing the ccp's I only had one USB adapter plugged into my computer. For whatever reason when I plugged in my other two adapters during testing of the ccp's they then worked perfectly. I never understood why the ccp's would not work correctly unless all adapters were being used but it fixed the issue. It's worth a try. Also the second string would test fine until I tried playing the sequence then the second string would blink and the colors would be way off.

Its the only prop on the network! I have it connected alone in my garage trying to figure this out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now I have 2 controllers, one on each string, set to normal mode with 2 different ids and it works perfectly, no blinking!

1 hour ago, dl20415 said:

Its the only prop on the network! I have it connected alone in my garage trying to figure this out!

Okay I understand that it is the only prop on the network. My question is do your sequences only have 1 network total or more than one? I had 3 last year. During testing and running a sequence I would only have the ccp's connected. They did the exact same thing you are describing. Only until I plugged my other adapters into the usb ports would my ccp's work correctly while playing the sequence. If you are running more than 1 network try plugging in the other adapters. You will not need to plug the adapters to any other controllers. Just have them plugged in. It sounds crazy I know but it worked for me and nobody else could tell me why I was having the issue.

4 hours ago, dl20415 said:

Right now I have 2 controllers, one on each string, set to normal mode with 2 different ids and it works perfectly, no blinking!

Ok, so it works this way, when you run two strings on one controller in dual normal mode are you using two ID's? You will have to have two ID's if this is a 100 ct string in dual normal mode.

SPaschall

Okay I understand that it is the only prop on the network. My question is do your sequences only have 1 network total or more than one? I had 3 last year. During testing and running a sequence I would only have the ccp's connected. They did the exact same thing you are describing. Only until I plugged my other adapters into the usb ports would my ccp's work correctly while playing the sequence. If you are running more than 1 network try plugging in the other adapters. You will not need to plug the adapters to any other controllers. Just have them plugged in. It sounds crazy I know but it worked for me and nobody else could tell me why I was having the issue.

I do have other networks not connected yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, dl20415 said:

I do have other networks not connected yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say not connected does that mean your networks are not defined in your sequences yet? If you have other networks defined in the sequences then attach all of your USB adapters and hook up your CCB and try playing a sequence and see if it makes any difference. If it does not I am sorry I wasted your time but it's the same problem I had last year.

When you say not connected does that mean your networks are not defined in your sequences yet? If you have other networks defined in the sequences then attach all of your USB adapters and hook up your CCB and try playing a sequence and see if it makes any difference. If it does not I am sorry I wasted your time but it's the same problem I had last year.

I will try that!