Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop Setup

dl20415

I have a prop made of pvc shaped in a u that goes over the front door. I lined 100 LOR pixels around it. I set the controller on dual mode and used a window frame prop in pixel editor with 35 on each side, 30 on top and 0 on bottom. No matter what I try, I cannot get it to work correctly. One string works fine but the other blinks and the color is off. If I set the maximum circuit to 300 instead of 150, the last 4 or 5 bulbs won't light! I have spent hours on different setups to no avail! Can someone help me ? I got all the other Windows working fine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cosmic Color Devices actually use 157 channels on each pixel string. The first 150 correspond to the RGB of the first 50 pixels, and the remaining 7 are for controlling Macros.

So, you're missing channels 301-314, which explain why you've lost the last 4-5 bulbs!

You need to start the second controller at channel 158 of the Unit ID (in normal mode) or channel one of a second ID (in Dual Normal mode).

As per the help file: "Unit ID Mode: In "Normal" mode, the Cosmic Color device will be a single unit ID, with 157 circuit IDs for a one-string CCD or 314 for a two-string. In "Legacy" mode, the Cosmic Color device will use up to ten sequential unit IDs per string (depending upon the configured resolution), with up to 16 circuit IDs for each unit ID. In "Dual Normal" mode, which is applicable for two-string CCDs, the device will have two contiguous unit IDs, each having 157 circuit IDs."

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes, I did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you had to set this up in pixel editor, how would you do it ? The first pixel starts bottom left. 35 total on left leg, and 15 to the middle of the top. Second string starts middle of the top , 15 , and 35 on the right leg .

This is probably how I would do it: using the PE Custom window.  I'd draw it in Excel and copy it back to the PE (because it's easier that way).  I often find that the premade shapes don't always accomplish what I need, and the custom always works flawlessly.  Start by drawing in your first string, with values 1-50.  They'll by default be on the first unit ID.  Set your "max circuit" to 150, and then the first string should show up correctly.  Then, jump up 1000 values to begin the second string: 1001, 1002, 1003, etc.  The PE automatically "jumps" unit IDs or DMX universes when you add 1000 to it.  If you had a lot more strings on more networks, you'd go up to 2001, 3001, 4001, etc. for however many Unit IDs or DMX universes you need.  See the image below for a visual explanation:

pe_definition.png

This is probably how I would do it: using the PE Custom window.  I'd draw it in Excel and copy it back to the PE (because it's easier that way).  I often find that the premade shapes don't always accomplish what I need, and the custom always works flawlessly.  Start by drawing in your first string, with values 1-50.  They'll by default be on the first unit ID.  Set your "max circuit" to 150, and then the first string should show up correctly.  Then, jump up 1000 values to begin the second string: 1001, 1002, 1003, etc.  The PE automatically "jumps" unit IDs or DMX universes when you add 1000 to it.  If you had a lot more strings on more networks, you'd go up to 2001, 3001, 4001, etc. for however many Unit IDs or DMX universes you need.  See the image below for a visual explanation:

pe_definition.png

Thanks! Gonna try that tonite!

Got it done, but second string still blinks! It seems like it the whole second string blinks with the music, but all the effects are correct. Tested it on hardware utility and works perfectly, only when I play a sequence it happens! I'm set on dual mode and even tried turning macros off. Tried another controller, same thing!

Here's the kicker, I hooked 2 controllers, one on each string, set to normal mode, works perfectly

If your in dual mode ( one Id  100 pixels.  ).  Pixel  51  starts at channel 161 

Edited by Dennis Laff

5 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

If your in dual mode ( one Id  100 pixels.  ).  Pixel  51  starts at channel 161 

I've never used a CCB device, but could it be that Channels 1-150 and 151-300 are light control and 301-314, then, are the macro control?  That would explain the symptoms.

Edited by lkcubsrule

Each set of 50 pixels has 160 channels the first 150 channels are for RGB lights the next 10 channels are macro and other effects ,in normal mode.  100 pixels =.   320 channels.   In dual mode.   First string.  = 160 channels.   And second string  different ID.  = 160 channels 

1 hour ago, Dennis Laff said:

Each set of 50 pixels has 160 channels the first 150 channels are for RGB lights the next 10 channels are macro and other effects ,in normal mode.  100 pixels =.   320 channels.   In dual mode.   First string.  = 160 channels.   And second string  different ID.  = 160 channels 

In digging through some documentation, the Cosmic Color Bulbs are 320 channel devices (2 x 160) while the Cosmic Color Ribbon is a 157 channel device.  The User Manuals for both devices suggest the aforementioned information, with channels 158-160 on the CCB as being "reserved" for future use (see "page" 16 of its documentation under "Software Control").  So, the macro channels do indeed come right after the regular channels, but they skip a few for "empty" channels".

So it would look like this: 1-150 controls pixels 1-50 (151-157 = macro) and 161-310 controls pixels 51-100 (311-317 = macro)  

Edited by lkcubsrule

We used alot of CCB's last year on a job and somehow we bypassed the macros, We ran everything in dual normal mode so there was two ID numbers for each 100 ct. set. I think if you just set the channels up as 1-150 then 151-300 you should be good since the back end is where the macros are.

SPaschall

We discussed how to model doors at one of the Expo classes this year. There are several ways to do it. A couple of which are noted on pages 7-9 of this presentation:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PE_Effects_2016.pdf

If you are using CCB's or CCP's, then make sure you set them to dual-normal mode. If you are using a custom layout in PE's prop definition, then I would number of the pixels in the first string 1-50, then the second string 1001-1050.

The attached images show an example where I used the custom layout to define a matrix. For this layout, I have 2 CCP controllers in dual-normal mode for a total of 4 strings. One screen shot shows the definition I first made first in a spreadsheet. The second screen shot shows the result after pasting the spreadsheet data into PE.

Note that for this layout, I could have used the Matrix-Vertical shape, but I wanted to demonstrate use of the custom layout -- which produces the same result.

CCB Custom 8x25-spreadsheet.png

CCB Custom 8x25.png

We discussed how to model doors at one of the Expo classes this year. There are several ways to do it. A couple of which are noted on pages 7-9 of this presentation:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PE_Effects_2016.pdf

If you are using CCB's or CCP's, then make sure you set them to dual-normal mode. If you are using a custom layout in PE's prop definition, then I would number of the pixels in the first string 1-50, then the second string 1001-1050.

The attached images show an example where I used the custom layout to define a matrix. For this layout, I have 2 CCP controllers in dual-normal mode for a total of 4 strings. One screen shot shows the definition I first made first in a spreadsheet. The second screen shot shows the result after pasting the spreadsheet data into PE.

Note that for this layout, I could have used the Matrix-Vertical shape, but I wanted to demonstrate use of the custom layout -- which produces the same result.

CCB Custom 8x25-spreadsheet.png

CCB Custom 8x25.png

That is what I've done! The effects are correct, but I'm getting a blinking in the second string! There is nothing wrong with the controller or pixel string, both were tested!