Light-O-Rama Forums

audicity issue

Vince4xmas

Have an audio file that has approximately 45 seconds at the end of the song I want to delete. I have cut it in Audicity, but when used as a media file in SE the silent 45 seconds remain.

Looks like audicity also leave the last 45 seconds as dead space and SE see this as part of the song.

How do I delete this end section?

Please advise.

Thanks

Sounds like you are not saving after cutting the 45 seconds off. Since audacity doesn't really save a song after it has been modified you really have to export it for the changes to take affect.

When you open the song in Audacity highlight the section you want taken out and click on the scissors icon in the toolbar. To save the song after modifying go to "File" and click "Export Audio" then go through the process to export the modified song into an mp3.

• Like 1

These are the steps I have taken, but the audio length remains with 45 seconds at the end.

Can I just shorten in SE?

11 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

These are the steps I have taken, but the audio length remains with 45 seconds at the end.

Can I just shorten in SE?

No, the 45 seconds of space will still be there. If you want to email it to me I will shorten it and send it back, shoot me a pm.

Just some wisdom.

If the audio is longer than the sequence, the length of the sequence will control the total time.

If the sequence is longer than the audio, the length of the audio will control the total time.

I get no error when running in SE.

I think the audio IS shorter now. Can't i just "change total time" in SE to elminate the dead space at end?

2 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I think the audio IS shorter now. Can't i just "change total time" in SE to elminate the dead space at end?

Read up  :)

34 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I get no error when running in SE.

You won't get a visual error but when you add it to a show, it won't play if the sequence has the error of the audio being too short.